Contracting Overview of the FAR
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Contracting Overview of the FAR is the first module of a four-part foundational course that provides a total immersion into the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). In Module 1 – through a limited lecture, research-intensive, exercised-based curriculum – you’ll focus on the federal acquisition environment, the basic principles of federal contracting, and the location of FAR provisions and their correct interpretation. You’ll analyze contracting business scenarios developed through research of the FAR, its supplements, and deviations. If you are interested in taking all four courses (CON 090-1, CON 090-2, CON 090-3, and CON 090-4) as one bundled course offering, please contact the course administrator.
What You Will Learn
- The basic framework of the federal acquisition environment
- The basic principles of federal government contracting
- How to locate, cite, and interpret the Federal Acquisition Regulation, agency supplements, deviations, and local guidance
- A preview of the acquisition process, including contract planning, formation and administration
How You Will Benefit
- Become familiar with the history, scope and content of the FAR, including Parts 1-53.
- Identify the basic principles of federal government contracting.
- Access online resources to locate FAR provisions and clauses.
FEDERAL ACQUISITION ENVIRONMENT
- Understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) system
- Organization and arrangement of the FAR
- Agency FAR supplements and other guidance
- The FAR matrix
USING THE FAR AND DFARS
- Locating and citing FAR provisions and clauses
- General policy for authorizing individual and class deviations
- Determining applicable acquisition rules for particular acquisitions
- Conventions for interpreting the FAR
Who should attend
This course is designed for new hires and career professionals in the federal acquisition field, including contracting officers, contract specialists, contracting officer representatives, program and project managers, small business specialists, and industry contracting personnel. This course is Defense Acquisition University equivalent, and satisfies both the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) requirements.