Who should attend
This course is designed for contract managers, procurement professionals, sourcing initiative leaders, project managers and all procurement and supply management-related professionals involved with bid contract development, contract execution or supplier performance management.
About the course
Contracting and Legal Oversight provides you with a holistic and integrated understanding of contract law, contract types, key industry standard contract terms, and contract structure to improve your confidence when creating or modifying contract documents. The program is geared to reinforce standards of excellence for professionals who are responsible for delivering contractual agreements and mitigating financial risk for their organizations.
What You Will Learn
- Contract law and applicable law of agency concepts
- Common contract types to structure more robust contractual agreements
- Key contract terms and their applicable utilization in different sourcing categories
- How to develop or modify master service and product agreements to meet the buying organization’s needs
- Methods for accelerating internal communication and negotiations preparation
- How to streamline risk management communication to leverage leadership support for contract closure
How You Will Benefit
Increase knowledge base in law of agency concepts to gain more confidence with contracting.
Enhance understanding of industry standard contract types and contract terms for more robust contract agreements.
Better leverage sourcing category knowledge to modify existing contract elements for more holistic contract agreements.
Improve internal contract execution communication for better results.
Heighten sense of executive financial impact and risk needs to gain leadership early support.
- LAW OF AGENCY OVERVIEW
- CONTRACT AGREEMENT TYPES
- DEFINING KEY TERMS
- CONTRACT STRUCTURE AND DRAFTING
- RISK MITIGATION AND COMMUNICATION
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.