Who should attend
Anyone whose job includes negotiating in the broadest sense (i.e. have conversations which lead to agreement) This includes those that buy/procure and sell as part of their jobs. But negotiating skills are useful in dealing with disputes, pay negotiations, internal company issues as well as personal transactions such as buying a house or car. If you could save even 1% on your costs, or add 1% to your revenues, what kind of difference would that make to your organisation’s bottom line?
This course can be aimed equally at Companies, Public Services and NGOs.
About the course
Whether navigating everyday life or thrashing out a high powered deal, strong negotiation skills are the key to success.
This course will also teach you the key fundamentals of being a good negotiator and securing the best deals, whether you are buying a car or securing a complicated television deal for Formula 1.
This course will draw on the tutor’s wealth of experience in doing both simple and complex deals during his career in the sport and media industry.
Covering the tricks of the trade, as well as what to watch out for from the other side, the course will demonstrate that negotiation does not have to be confrontational and that a good deal should benefit both parties.
The course will teach participants how to negotiate to get the best possible deal in the most effective manner. It will outline best practice theory and reinforce it with internationally proven class exercises and case studies.
Improving your negotiation skills will deliver quantifiable value to both your organisation and to you personally.
1.Introduction to Negotiation
- What is a negotiation
- What is a deal
- Essential negotiating theory including BATNA, and ZOPA
- Should I make the first offer?
- Different Negotiating Styles and how to handle difficult negotiators
- Class exercise and learning points
- Making Deals Win-Win
- Relative Value
- There is more than one tradable currency
- Exploring the deal from all angles
- The Negotiating Cycle
- Negotiating including how to counter offers
- Some Advanced Tips and Tricks
- To immediately enhance negotiating skills on finishing the course
- To understand the theory of better negotiation, including win-win deals
- How to create additional value in any deal
- Learn about different styles of negotiation and how to deal with them
- How preparation leads to better negotiation
David is the former Head of Sports Rights at the BBC, where he was responsible for negotiating all the BBC’s deals with sporting bodies across its TV, radio and online output. Deals were complex, and included the Olympics, World Cup, Formula 1, Wimbledon, Six Nations Rugby Union and the English C...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.