Contract Law for Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
In your managerial role have you ever signed a contract before understanding it fully? Have you ever signed something trusting that the other party has fairly represented themselves? Have you ever wondered what the legal consequences are for breach of contract?
Contract law lies at the heart of all commercial activity. This short course will provide an overview of this very important area of the law.
This course is not a law lecture and will not try to make you into a lawyer. Rather it aims to give insight into the key elements of contract law and how they work in practice. This insight will allow you to work more effectively in handling contractual relationships and contractual disputes if they arise.
We will cover the key areas of contact law, including:
- Formation of contracts
- Interpretation of contracts
- Cancellation of contracts
- Remedies for breach of contract, in particular, damages
Case studies will show the principles in operation and you will be encouraged to participate in discussion of the case studies and the key principles
This course will introduce you to the law of contract, and will aim to cover all of the main contract law topics, including:
- The purpose and types of contracts
- How contracts are made
- How to read and understand contracts
- Misleading conduct and its effects on contracts
- The performance and breach of contract
- The remedies available for breach of contract, including damages, specific performance, and injunctions
- Have a practical understanding of contract law
- Understand the various types of contracts and how they are made
- Be aware of the pitfalls in contracting
- Foresee contract law problems before they arise
- Know when to seek legal help for contract law problems
- Be able to discuss contract law issues with a lawyer
- Understand the remedies available in the event of a dispute
Your organisation will:
- Be more likely to avoid contract disputes
- Be able to seek legal advice for contract law problems when required
Who should attend
- Anyone who needs to sign contracts in their business including Accountants, Office Managers, Project Managers, Marketing Managers, Operations Managers, HR Managers
- Anyone involved in managing public or private sector business affairs
- Anyone whose business involves preparing, interpreting or dealing with breaches of contracts
- Anyone who wants to know more about the law of contracts more generally