Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
CON 091 is designed for newly hired GS-1102 contracting personnel and others who seek certification in the contracting field.
About the course
Not only do acquisition and contracting specialists need a foundational understanding of Federal contracting policies and procedures, but they must also be adept at navigating and applying FAR regulations and guidance. This course focuses on contract formation and management principles, as well as regulatory fundamentals and their application throughout the acquisition process. You will be immersed in the FAR as you address realistic, scenario-based contracting problems and will emerge with the knowledge and ability to execute the entire contract lifecycle — from acquisition planning to contract initiation through contract closeout, and everything in between.
- Determine the applicability of policies and procedures in the FAR, agency regulations, procedures, guidance, and information; and FAR/agency level class deviations
- Apply the principles of contract formation
- Given an acquisition scenario, choose the information that would be included in a solicitation or contract
- Differentiate among the types of contracts, and apply the policies and procedures for use in acquisitions
- Given an acquisition scenario, determine the applicability of the policies and procedures for small business subcontracting
- Apply the policies and procedures for using simplified acquisition procedures
- Determine the applicability of the policies and procedures for contract administration
- Differentiate among the types of indefinite-delivery contracts, and determine when they may be used in acquisitions
- Differentiate among the types of agreements, and determine when they may be used in acquisitions
- Given an acquisition scenario, determine the applicability of the policies and procedures for preparing and processing contract modifications
- Given an acquisition scenario, determine the applicability of the policies and procedures for terminating contracts
- Given an acquisition scenario, execute the process for addressing a contract performance issue
- Given an acquisition scenario, determine the applicability of the policies and procedures for closing out contracts
Federal Acquisition Regulation
- FAR Basics, Organization, and Arrangement
- DFARS and DFARS PGI Basics, Organization, and Arrangement
- Deviations from the FAR and DFARS
- Interpreting the FAR
- Determining the Applicability of Rules
- Putting It All Together
Uniform Contract Format (UCF)
- Contract Formation Principles
- Introduction to the UCF and Section A
- UCF Section B: CLIN Policies and Procedures
- UCF Section C: Describing Agency Needs
- UCF Sections D, E, and F
- UCF Section G: Colors of Money Overview
- UCF Sections H and I UCF Sections J, K, L, and M
Contracts and Pricing
- Contract Types
- Selecting a Contract Type
- Small Business Subcontracting Limitations
- Simplified Acquisition Procedures
Contract Administration Policies
- Contract Initiation
- Contract Administration Overview
- Government Property
- Contractor Performance Information
- Indefinite-Delivery Contracts
Contract Modification, Termination, and Closeout
- Contract Modification
- Contract Changes
- Contract Performance Issues
- Contract Termination
- Contract Closeout
- Module 5 Capstone
This course is available in the following delivery modalities: Classroom, Virtual, and Remote. To view technology requirements by modality, click here.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.