Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Product managers and middle- to upper-level marketing managers responsible for consumer products and services
- Individuals who have recently assumed marketing responsibilities
- Others wishing to develop a marketing mentality for working more effectively with marketing professionals
About the course
Formerly Kellogg on Consumer Marketing Strategy
The consumer marketplace is drowning in noise. To break through and have an impact, business to consumer (B2C) marketers must build a focused marketing strategy to guide how they shape the customer journey, and even more importantly, the customer experience.
In this program, you will learn from Kellogg’s renowned marketing faculty and connect with peers facing the same challenges you are. These experts on consumer marketing strategy will provide you the frameworks and tools that will equip you to build effective marketing plans. You’ll return with an understanding of how to leverage available data, utilize the breadth of media opportunities and navigate the growing complexity of the digital shopping world..
- Determine how your firm creates value
- Identify the most attractive targets for your firm’s offerings
- Gain deep insight into customers’ goals and decision-making
- Develop a compelling brand positioning
- Employ social networks, social media and traditional media to attract and engage customers
- Set price to capture value created
- Design and manage distribution channels to optimize value delivered to customers
Developing a Consumer Marketing Strategy
- Define the marketer’s goal
- Analyze competitive strategies
Designing a Marketing Strategy – Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Employ a usage-based segmentation methodology
- Target the most attractive segments
- Build and sustain brand equity through compelling positioning strategy
Developing and Evaluating Advertising and Promotion Strategies
- Use consumer psychology to make deep connections with customers’ needs
- Understand how information diffuses via digital/social media
- Develop a communications strategy that effectively integrates digital/social media and traditional media
Responding to Retailing/Distribution Trends
- Establish a pricing strategy that captures the value created
- Choose the optimal combination of channels for going to market
- Manage conflict with channel partners
Brian Uzzi is a globally recognized scientist, teacher, consultant and speaker on leadership, social networks, and big data. He is the Richard L. Thomas Professor of Leadership and Organizational Change at the Kellogg School of Management, and professor of sociology and professor of engineering a...
Angela Lee joined the marketing faculty at the Kellogg School in 1995 and was named Mechthild Esser Nemmers Professor of Marketing in 2007. Angela is a consumer psychologist. Her expertise is in consumer learning, emotions and goals. Her research focuses on consumer motivation and affect, cross-...
Anne Coughlan holds the Polk Brothers Chair in Retailing, and is a Professor of Marketing, at the Kellogg School of Management. She joined the faculty in 1985. Dr. Coughlan's main research interests are in the areas of distribution channels, sales force management and compensation, and pricing. C...
Alice M. Tybout is the Harold T. Martin Professor of Marketing. She served as chairperson of the Marketing Department 2004-2006. Professor Tybout teaches in the MBA and Executive Masters Programs. In addition, she is the academic director and faculty for the Kellogg on Consumer Marketing Strategy...
Kevin Thomas McTigue is an Adjunct Lecturer of Marketing at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management teaching the core marketing management course to MBA students. When not in class, Kevin is a Group Strategy Director at Razorfish’s Chicago office where he works on numerous Fortune ...
Gina Fong is a consumer anthropologist and the principal at Fong Insight, a marketing consulting firm based in Chicago, Illinois. She integrates creative problem solving, engaging storytelling, and analytical moderating to help her clients develop game-changing strategies for their business chall...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.