Who should attend
This course is designed for contracting officers, contract specialists, contracting officer representatives, program and project managers, small business specialists, and industry contracting personnel.
About the course
This course focuses on construction contracting issues that are unique to the federal acquisition process. You’ll become well-versed in issues involving acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, and construction contracting in the commercial setting. You’ll also learn about the Construction Wage Rate Requirements statute, the design-build technique, basic schedule delay analysis, constructive changes, acceleration, and construction contract quality management.
What You Will Learn
- Unique aspects of acquisition planning for construction contracts
- Challenges associated with construction contract performance management
- Funding issues over multiple budget years
- Environmental concerns and repurposing
- Construction contract clauses and requirements
How You Will Benefit
- Apply the laws and regulations unique to construction contracting, including legal precedence for “changed conditions” during construction.
- Develop construction acquisition plans.
- Evaluate environmental concerns.
- Assemble a construction bid request and solicitation package.
- Evaluate construction bids and proposals, including additive and deductive bid items.
- Assess contract compliance and the impact of changed conditions.
- Understand and implement criteria for effective dispute and claims management.
- History and legal aspects of public infrastructure
- Requirements of the construction acquisition plan
- Identifying the construction acquisition team and their associated responsibilities
- Contract format for construction solicitations
- Differences between the Uniform Contract Format (UCF) and Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) standards
- Consideration of socioeconomic programs
EVALUATION AND AWARD
- Responsiveness determination of construction bids
- Evaluating bids and bidder responsibility
- Sufficiency of bid, performance, and payment bonds
- Required contract administration compliance
- Government responsibilities in construction quality assurance
- Unique construction clauses used in changed conditions
INVOICES, PAYMENTS, AND CLOSEOUT
Construction schedule of prices and invoice processing * Causes for retainage, withholding, and assessment of liquidated damages * Unique procedures for construction contract closeout and contractor evaluation
Alexis Kirksey is the Program Manager for The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech, operating within the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. Her expertise includes providing consultation to government and industry in all aspects of government contracting, i...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.