About the course
Use social media to bring people together in turbulent times
Without a well-managed communication plan, turbulent times can drive people apart: a dynamic that has become all too clear during the current pandemic, economic crisis and political upheaval. Fortunately, social media offers businesses a powerful tool for re-establishing community connections and good will.
This program is essential for organizational leaders who wish to stay connected with customers. Learn how social media is uniquely suited for communicating in an authentic manner. Harness the power of social media to be truly present for your audience, boost community engagement and demonstrate leadership in times of uncertainty.
Benefits for you
- Navigate challenging issues like social responsibility and online activism
- Investigate how various types of organizations are using social media differently
- Explore social media mechanisms for increasing visibility, trust, engagement and reputation
- Learn best practices for primary social media platforms
- Mitigate the dynamics of divisiveness in challenging times
- Social media principles, characteristics, benefits, issues, opportunities and risks
- How social media facilitates human relationships, connection and good will
- Creating value for your audience, even in the absence of tangible commercial exchange
- Online community development: social responsibility and communicating authentic care for people
- Social media objectives for various types of organizations
- Communicating your organization’s mission, vision and values, for social as well as economic good
- Brand voice: communicating consistently while respecting the norms of each social channel
- Social search and social listening: learning what’s important to your audience
- Sourcing content (social news, blogs, podcasts, RSS, newsreaders, etc.)
- A review of best practices common to major social media channels Social media resources for ongoing learning
On a mission to help people make smart technology decisions. Experience in broadcasting, content production, training, Web design & development, marketing, communications, PR, and business development. Team player and natural leader. Highly adaptable to various industries and work environmen...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.