Conducting Product Counterfeiting Investigations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Eli Broad College of Business.Full disclaimer.
- Understand the elements of an investigation process and utilize basic investigation techniques for counterfeit products
- Describe how to build an investigation by integrating identified elements of proof with the appropriate standard of evidence
- Identify the importance of reporting and lead generation and explain how a data management system enhances the investigation process
- Generate performance metrics used to support investigation activity and provide value to the brand owner
Investigation Tools and Techniques (LR102)
A full and fair investigation of alleged employee misconduct is a critical component of due process. It is essential that you know the available tools and techniques when conducting such an investigation. This workshop covers:
- Analysis and investigation of major disciplinary offenses
- Practical techniques for conducting investigatory interviews
- How an arbitrator scrutinizes your investigation
- Analyzing the standards and evidence used in arbitrations involving major misconduct offenses, including scrutiny of the employer’s investigation
- Conducting a thorough investigation
- Techniques for authenticating evidence
- Interviewing management and employees
- How a concurrent criminal proceeding, workplace privacy laws, and other legal concerns affect the investigation
- Case study practice
This full-day, interactive workshop provides valuable information on how to conduct an investigation of major workplace offenses that may result in immediate termination and that are the likely subject of arbitration.
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, and operations professionals who investigate complex or serious matters in a unionized environment.