Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Managers involved in strategic decision making and implementation of business units in established companies as well as executives in new corporations seeking to generate a strategic advantage.
About the course
Developing and executing a strategy is one of the most important skills for an executive. As competitive pressures grow and the environment is changes faster and more unpredictably, continuously evolving strategic planning and implementation becomes more vital than ever. What are the best ways for an organization to create a strategic advantage? Where can we find strategic opportunities in an increasingly globalized marketplace? Which strategies are likely to succeed, and which ones face the greatest implementation hurdles?
Our program Competitive Strategies for Solid Growth provides insights into how to design and execute a competitive strategy in both mature business lines and new enterprises to steer the organization’s business activities in the right direction.
- Creating a sustainable strategic advantage
- Sharpening your strategic acumen and applying strategic thinking to create a strategic advantage for the business
- Designing and formulating winning competitive strategies
- Building your strategic advantage
- Strategy fundamentals
- Competitive advantage and strategic options
- Strategy in global markets
- Innovation strategy
Day 1 – Strategic Basics and Status Analysis
- What is strategy all about?
- Workshop on status and future of your business
- Workshop on competitiveness
- Key trends in global markets
- Guest speaker
Day 2 – Market Trends and Strategy Development
- General options for strategic development
- Workshop on status of business strategy planning in your company
- Developing innovative business strategies
Bülent Gögdün focuses at ESMT Berlin on technology-based industries and executive coaching. Having studied mechanical engineering, Bülent enjoys working with technology companies. His four years of work experience as a consultant at the Boston Consulting Group triggered a personal search for alte...
Olaf Plötner is a professor at ESMT. He joined ESMT as one of the first faculty members and managing director of ESMT Customized Solutions GmbH in 2002. From 2011 to 2017, he was the dean of executive education at ESMT and developed the school to a top-ten institution in this field, based on the ...
Hannes Gurzki is a program director at ESMT Berlin and expert for the topics of branding, marketing, sales, strategy, and luxury. He is particularly interested in exploring different perspectives to advance creativity and innovation in business. His passion lies in combining insights and practic...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.