Communications Excellence: Presentation Skills to up Your Leadership Game
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haas School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Today’s leader is the Storyteller-in-Chief. You stand before your colleagues, your board, your investors, with nothing more than your presence, passion, and knowledge. Your leadership brings them to “Yes.” In Communications Excellence, you will become that leader. It engages you on a deeply personal leadership development journey that fosters skills you didn’t know you had.
Master Your Personal Communication Style Define and refine success strategies uniquely suited to you and your business while you build the communication skills to follow through.
Match Your Impact with Your Intent Identify your objectives and learn how to tailor your business communications to get exactly the results you want and need.
Develop Confidence and Presence Acquire and practice effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Use your breath, body, and voice for to maximize impact and presence during your presentations.
Craft and Deliver a Truly Memorable Pitch Learn how to create a memorable pitch, be in the moment, and ignite your audience with a message that is authentic, clear, and powerful.
Learn Advanced Presentation Skills Recognize when something is not working and know instantly how to fix it by making internal and external adjustments based on high-level skills you rehearse and practice.
The Communication Excellence program curriculum covers the following topics:
TOPIC 1 | The Science of the Message Part 1: Verbal & Nonverbal Skills
- Principles of persuasive storytelling
- Negotiation to add value and as a relationship-building tool
- Fundamental concepts to use in every negotiation
- Psychology of negotiation
- Common negotiation mistakes
TOPIC 2 | The Science of the Message Part 2: Focus on Brain, Breath & Body
- The empirical principles of persuasion
- Presentation organization: the ladder of abstraction
- Anticipation and answering disruptive questions
- The importance of centering
- Breath & voice exercises
TOPIC 3 | Persuasive Storytelling Strategies: Using the Senses
- Create an effective opening for a compelling story
- How to use all the senses to engage audiences
TOPIC 4 | Persuasive Storytelling Strategies: Using Data
- How to organize content and use data for clarity and impact
- Visual aids and powerpoint best practices for success
TOPIC 5 | Giving & Receiving Feedback
- How to receive and use feedback
- How to provide effective feedback
TOPIC 6 | Virtual Pitch Skills
- Understand the differences between virtual and in-person presentations
- Best practices for virtual presentations
Who should attend
- Senior Leadership and High-Potential Executives
- Business Development and Marketing Teams
- Leadership in Nonprofit and Service Organizations
- Developers and Engineers
- Entrepreneurs seeking to develop profound leadership communications skills