Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for senior-level leaders responsible for communication to internal and external stakeholders, such as Chief Communications Officers and Chief Strategy Officers; as well as HR professionals who partner with business unit heads across organizations and investor relations/corporate relations leaders.
About the course
Reimagine your organization’s strategic communication approach to effectively navigate constant disruption.
The stakes for an effective communication strategy only get higher in a crisis.
This program will help you build a framework to prepare for the next disruption and better articulate your organization's value proposition, competitive advantage, or strategic transformation — elements that position your organization to step up and stand out during periods of upheaval or progress.
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic upended organizations across industry, many have struggled to communicate their approach to disruption and risk mitigation. Equally problematic, many are challenged to communicate a clear narrative and rationale for their strategic transformation efforts, which are being driven by disruptions from competitors, technologies, new business models and evolving consumer expectations.
In a world where social media and 24-hour news have significant impact on public perception, your organization needs to stay engaged with and responsive to stakeholders through thoughtful planning and approach. Unlike many communications programs that speak to personal leadership presence and how individuals present to others, this program focuses at the organizational level, helping senior communicators and their teams effectively manage the flow, tone, and cadence of communication with all stakeholders.
This hands-on program features simulations, case studies, workshops and discussions around topics such as:
- Developing Effective Communication Plans
- Prioritizing Stakeholder Communication
- Aligning Internal Resources for Effective Crisis Communication
- Communication Best-Practices for Leaders at All Levels
- Communicating New Business Models in the Face of Disruption
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop effective communication plans and routines for organizations faced with sustained business disruption.
- Effectively mobilize and align key stakeholders within your organization to drive impactful communication.
- Train and equip front-line managers to be better communicators, empathizers and leaders during times of disruption and transformation.
- Use new insights to coordinate stakeholder prioritization, outreach and communication cadence.
- Incorporate the best practices from leading brands when communicating new business models and transformation strategies as a result of disruption.
Education: B.S. Ed., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville; MEd, Kent State University; Ed.D., Lehigh University Assistant Professor June West teaches First-Year Management Communication in the MBA program at Darden and Second-Year electives in special topics in organizational communication. ...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.