Who should attend
This program was developed for early career professionals who want to supplement their education or add to their overall employability. It is also ideal for high potential working professionals looking to enhance their ability to communicate strong and impactful messages and enhance their professionalism and leadership style, such as:
- Recent graduates who are seeking employment
- New hires looking to differentiate themselves form their peers to succeed
- Entrepreneurs developing themselves and their businesses
- High-potential supervisors & managers
- Office managers & supervisors
- New leaders in any industry
About the course
Learn how to put your best self forward and get the recognition you deserve.*
Developing the right skills early on can transform the prospects of a young professional. This program will teach you the highly effective interpersonal and business-communication skills that can help take your career to the next level.
You will learn, practice and perfect modern techniques to effectively inspire others and distinguish yourself in diverse professional scenarios, improving your ability to get your message across and get noticed, and increase your confidence. Join us in this comfortable, safe and supportive online learning environment!
Join us in this comfortable, safe and supportive online learning environment!
Our e+ programs deliver the comprehensive core material you need to quickly master the topic at hand, and give you the flexibility to learn at your own pace from the convenience of home or office, at times that suit you. They also allow you to learn and work collaboratively with your peers and instructors through guided and free form discussions and interchanges. The continuous instructor interaction and peer networking bring an added dimension to our e+ programs by enriching your experience in the same ways our in-class programs do.
- Communicate effectively and constructively in difficult encounters
- Assess your professional strengths and opportunities when communicating inthe- moment
- Manage yourself professionally in challenging situations
- Apply Emotional Intelligence (EQ) techniques in a variety of real-world situations
- Improve your communication skills to develop your diplomacy
- Integrate impactful nonverbal and verbal delivery behaviors with your in-the-moment communication
- Manage stress in difficult impromptu interactions and diffuse conflict
- Organize and frame your responses for effective conversations
- Learn and practice resiliency to enhance relationships and build trust
- Develop behaviors that convey your Professionalism
As a part of this program, you will receive a copy of instructor Diana Kawarsky’s new eBook, The Soft Cs. This book is full of examples, strategies and insights that support your learning and offer you real-life perspectives to take back with you on-the-job.
Unique Course Features
- Self-assessment(s) for insight into individual behaviour and how you work with others
- Interactive online activities to engage participants in demonstrating skills
- Real world situations: instructional variety to fit your individual goals and skills
- Audiovisual resources to reinforce learning in an impactful manner
- Worksheets and exercises to enhance participation and learning
- Create your own job aid to recall and apply key learning points back in your workplace
- Create a new/improved LinkedIn Profile connecting your credibility to your potential
- Program is fully accessible with complete AODA and WCAG compliance.
- 5 online modules over 5 weeks
- Access through a convenient centralized learning management portal
- Your learning management portal account will be active for an additional 12 weeks after the course ends
Communication Skills for Early-in-Career Success
Communication Must-knows of Professionalism (Week 1)
- Models of communications demystified: how to be clear
- Identify and leverage the steps of the communication process
- Recognize barriers to effective communication
- Communicate non-defensively and minimize defensiveness in others
Communication Techniques: Buy-in & Influence (Week 2)
- Leverage the verbal, vocal, and visual components of delivery
- Discover the attention curve and structure your conversations
- Learn tactics to identify work styles, packaging information successfully
- Use in-the-moment strategies to organize your thinking
Communication in Teams for Improved Results (Week 3)
- Recognize and leverage team developmental stages
- Emphasize techniques to persuade others to follow
- Recognize the attributes that impact first and lasting perceptions
- How to build a name for yourself in your organization
Communication to Mange Conflict Situations (Week 4)
- Practice your new conflict identification and resolution skills on real-world situations
- Identify barriers to effective communication: identify communication breakdowns
- Use a model of desired outcomes and reciprocity to establish common goals and limit conflict
- Inspire and motivate others to want to work with you – every time
Communication to Build your Emotional Intelligence (EQ) (Week 5)
- Deepen your overall selfawareness and EQ skill sets
- Integrate impactful delivery techniques manage your stress levels
- Learn to deepen your resiliency using EQ techniques
- Deliver your Unique Selling Attributes (USAs) constructively
Biography Diana Kawarsky specializes in business communications for Schulich’s Executive Education Centre, York University. In addition, she is a facilitator, adult educator, coach and management consultant with Fortune 500 companies throughout North America. Her experience spans nearly 20 years....
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.