About the course
Today’s multi-platform media environment creates unique issues whether you’re navigating a communications crisis or building your brand. When your audience is diverse—culturally, generationally, geographically, or philosophically—agility in messaging becomes even more important. But how do you communicate strongly and inspire others most effectively when your communication primarily takes place on a video screen?
Designed for professionals who seek to increase their influence, Virtual Communication for Leaders in the Digital Age teaches disciplined communications strategies that can improve your performance in different contexts. Experience with social media is not required.
"I am so grateful to have taken Fuqua's Communication for Leaders with Dorie Clark. How rare it is to find such astute insights communicated in accessible and relatable ways! This course has forever changed the way I conduct my business and lead my company,"
- Edward Murgitroyd, CEO, Murgitroyd IT Attorneys
Virtual Program Format
Over the course of 4 consecutive days, with 3-hour sessions each day, you’ll learn from a mixture of lecture, class discussion, and interactive exercises. You’ll have opportunities to practice and refine public speaking skills, manage Q&A, address the media, and work through a crisis situation, ensuring you gain practice in working with course concepts
At the conclusion of the program you’ll be able to:
- Deliver powerful and impactful online presentations that speak to your audience.
- Plan your crisis response and nimbly navigate the unexpected.
- Answer difficult questions.
- Optimize your online oresence, especially your LinikedIn profile, to effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and professional brand
As a leader, what you say can inspire, persuade, and influence when you embrace the opportunity to communicate with confidence and credibility. This program will enable you to command attention with confidence and clarity, tailor your message, answer tough questions from multiple sources, and define your public persona via social media.
Presenting Virtually with Power
- Determine the most crucial points--and learn how to deliver them with impact.
- Craft visually compelling presentations
- Leverage "body language" in a digital environment.
- How to hold your audience's attention.
Communicating in a Crisis
- Determine communication weak spots and how to protect your brand in a crisis.
- Master how to prepare for and recover from a crisis.
- Learn when and how to release negative information.
- Practice message discipline throughout your organization.
Answering Difficult Questions
- Prepare for media interviews or any difficult meeting where your leadership may be challenged.
- Develop and stay on message.
- Control the conversation and prevent escalation.
Leveling Up Your Presence
- Create a LinkedIn profile or optimize your current one to set you apart.
- Create relevant and engaging content (even if right now you're not sure what to say.)
- Balance your online personal brand with your organization's brand.
- Develop and expand your network through social media.
Dorie Clark has been named one of the Top 50 business thinkers in the world by Thinkers50, and was recognized as the #1 Communication Coach in the world by the Marshall Goldsmith Leading Global Coaches Awards. Clark, a consultant and keynote speaker, teaches executive education at Duke University...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.