Who should attend
- Executives with at least 5 years professional experience in a wide range of disciplines, in both public and private sectors for whom successful communication with colleagues is critical to performance;
- Executives who want to develop a style that fosters commitment among team members and stakeholders;
- Professionals who lead teams, manage client relationships and deal with the general public.
About the course
Clear and powerful communication is vital for accomplishing any business objective. The Communication and Executive Presence course is a transformative experience for executives who are strong in their functional areas but want to be much more effective in communicating their ideas, proposals and vision.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice creating and delivering well-crafted, concise messages with clearly defined intents that are authentic and support their personal brand. They will identify key strengths as well as areas for improvement. Through role-play and interactive presentations, participants will identify their personal profile and persuade diverse audiences whether in business development, management meetings, boardrooms or a stage.
Participants will leave empowered to enhance their personal presence, build trust and create influential effective corporate presentations.
DAY 1 - BUILDING CONFIDENCE
Learn how to develop your presence through visual and vocal methods. Connecting with your audience in a confident but approachable way will determine how well you connect. Practice establishing a strong connection with the audience by managing first impressions.
DAY 2: STORYTELLING / ENGAGEMENT
This session will focus on the effective use of storytelling – construct a persuasive message or story built to connect with the audience. Leave your audience with your vision and their next steps. By using business story templates used to focus on the key objective for the story – appeal to Emotion, Logic and Character.
DAY 3: MESSAGE BUILDER / STRUCTURE
Learn a process for developing power and inspiration through your opening and closing remarks. Depending on the purpose of your presentation, different approaches can be applied for best results. There will be a specific focus on developing and delivering relevant work presentations.
VIRTUAL TRAINING COMMUNICATION
This course also includes a virtual training session 3-6 months post-programme. This session has two primary objects, the first is conditioning of past learning from the Communication & Executive Presence course. Secondly, it supports modern-day leaders to use effective communication and facilitation skills in the virtual environment.
CONTENT, EXERCISES AND REINFORCEMENT
- Theoretical Frameworks
- Experiential Simulations
- Video-Recorded Presentations
- One-on-One Feedback and Coaching
- Peer Feedback
- Develop your executive presence and self-confidence while speaking or presenting in public
- Practice incorporating engaging movements with purpose to boost your connection with the audience
- Align your three channels of communication to develop your authentic presence
- Work with your peers in the evaluation and development of your ideas for engaging the audience
- Learn why corporate storytelling is such a powerful tool and how we can all leverage them in communication
- Bring a current presentation idea and leave with the framework to deliver any corporate presentation
- Receive feedback on your strengths, identify areas for improvement during multiple-video recordings from your peers, the faculty and a professional master communication skills coach.
Programme delivery comprises a number of highly dynamic and interactive teaching methods, including individual feedback sessions, case studies, classroom discussions, lectures and practical exercises. Participants are divided into small groups with a view to fostering a high level of trust between participants and faculty, thereby creating a powerful and enriching learning dynamic.
The programme is delivered over three consecutive days on campus at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
Paul A. Slattery delivers compelling and captivating content through humour and storytelling. Participants will leave with tangible takeaways that can apply to the business model, improve the bottom-line and performance of any organisation. Paul has over twenty five years of strategic business ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.