Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Effective communication within teams is purposeful and managed. This course explores the processes for effectively managing project communication and the techniques for dealing with individual styles. Identify the communication processes as defined by the Project Management Institute in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (latest edition). Discover individual communications styles and how to adapt your style in project situations. Recognize the importance of communication management in successful projects. Adopt differing strategies for establishing and controlling stakeholder expectations. Learn how teams differ in their communication requirements. Learn the stages of team development, the types of teams and how the project manager can apply different leadership styles depending upon the situation. Effective communication practices are combined with leadership techniques to help build more successful project teams.
What You Will Learn
- Emotional intelligence
- Communications management
- Elements of effective communication
- Styles of communicating
- How to gain influence and build alliances
- How to form successful teams
- Team dynamics management
- How to build high performance teams
How You Will Benefit
- Identify the role of the Project Manager as key communicator.
- Apply key tools and techniques for effective communication.
- Recognize different types of communicating styles.
- Learn to alter your style when needed.
- Identify the different stages of team development.
- Determine team roles and how to communicate expectations.
- Recognize variations in team structures and transition groups into effective teams.
- Apply effective communication techniques for remote and virtual teams.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT
TYPES OF TEAMS
BUILDING AND SUSTAINING TEAMS
MANAGING TEAM DYNAMICS
HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS
Who should attend
This course is designed for new and seasoned project managers, professionals preparing to transition into a new career in project management, business analysts working with project managers and project teams, technical team leaders, and managers.
Trust the experts
Dr. Jan Dillard, Ph.D., President and founder of Glenridge Consulting Group, is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over twenty-five years of experience in information technology, education and management. Her expertise includes managing enterprise-wide hardware and software de...
John Rahiya is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over twenty-five years of experience in developing high performing teams and teaching thousands of project managers globally. John’s project journey began at Equifax, Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia where he served in various leadersh...
Lynda Roberts is a Certified Project Management Professional with more than 20 years of experience, focuses on managing enterprise-wide hardware and software deployments, establishing project management and system development life-cycle methodologies in large IT organizations, establishing progra...