This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Proven Tools for Navigating Complex Global Workplace Communications
This workshop explores the communication behaviours that deliver value in an internationally networked environment. Grow your awareness of diversity and globalization, and learn proven tools that can help you navigate the complexities of globalization in a time of organizational change.
- Become more aware of the challenges of working in an interconnected global environment
- Hone your communication and leadership abilities in a globalized setting
- Increase your communication sensitivities around issues of diversity
- Build stronger trust with people from different backgrounds
- Improve the quality of your work life under uncertain conditions
- World systems theory and how it affects organizational communications
- What is “globalization” and how does it impact communication behaviours?
- Addressing diversity: communication imperatives of inclusion, gender equality, religion, ethics, etc.
- Core components of effective communication skill sets
- Assessment of your personal communication choices
- Preparing yourself to engage confidently in global issues and trends
- Establishing trust
- Tools for navigating complex global workplace communications
- Developing global change management communication strategies and plans
- Evaluation processes to measure your effectiveness
This workshop is based on real-world experience and practice. It includes an assessment of your personal communication choices and hands-on exercises to develop your communication abilities in a global context.
Who should attend
This course is for those working in a globally interconnected work environment, such as: strategy managers, change managers, program and project managers, IT/IS managers, procurement managers, knowledge managers and business development managers.
Trust the experts
Margaret recently completed a 30-year career in senior management with the federal government of Canada. Her work experience ranges from advising Cabinet Ministers on communications change issues, to managing complex transformational projects in a number of large organizations. A native of Montre...