Who should attend
- Administrative & Support
- Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- New Managers
About the course
Communicating effectively with individuals and groups is an essential quality both in our private and corporate lives. Speaking with confidence, purpose and impact are key to achieving this. It is a skill that can be attained and this programme teaches you how.
Participants will learn how to communicate ideas clearly and effectively. This will help engage customers and colleagues better and engender clearer understanding of products, procedures, company initiatives and such to result in more favourable outcomes for the organisation.
- Planning and delivering an effective presentation.
- Speaking effectively to an audience – confidence and clarity.
- Speaking correctly – accent and pronunciation.
- Things to avoid in presentations and speeches.
- Planning and Preparing Effective Presentations – Written (PPT) and Speech.
- Presenting a Confident Stage Presence – Managing Stage Fright.
- Developing a Good Speaking Voice – Techniques and Vocal Exercises.
- Speaking Clearly – Confidence and Clarity.
- The Speech Mechanism – Speech and Voice Organs, How They Work and How to Use Them Correctly.
- Say It Right Always with Correct Pronunciation – Phonics and Phonetics.
- The International Phonetic Alphabet – Knowing It and Using It.
- Common Speech Problems – Know Them and Overcome Them.
- Non-verbal Communication – It Speaks Louder Than Words!
As part of the training and learning during this course, photography and/or video recording of participants in action will be done.
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.