About the course
Global commodities are evolving – do you have the right strategies in place?
The commodities landscape is changing rapidly. The emerging economies are advancing while the developed markets look for more efficiencies. Investors still want exposure to this sector, either directly or through a commodity substitute. This course will show you what is likely to impact the future price trends across the sector.
Exchanges have made commodities easier to trade whilst investment houses have created products to replicate the underlying commodities’ movements. Volatility has increased so you’ll need strategies to optimise returns - whether hedging or investing directly. You’ll look at all aspects of the commodity classes, commodity investment and the principal price drivers in both the physical market and on the exchanges.
What you will learn
- The fundamental characteristics and inherent trading risks of commodity markets
- How to capitalise on the unique opportunities each sector presents
- How each commodity trades – the physical, the exchanges and the products
- Practical trading strategies and techniques for the different commodity sectors
- How to optimise your use of commodity derivatives to trade and hedge
- Introduction to the Commodity Markets
- The Energy Markets
- Understanding the Base Metals
- The Mechanics of Gold and Precious Metals
- Getting to Grips with Agricultural Products
- Trading Commodities on Fundamentals
- Trading Commodities with Charts – Technical Analysis
Steve is a provider of financial training on a wide variety of subjects and has the ability to link real life examples with his presentations. He has worked globally for institutions such as Bank for International Settlements, ECB, OPEC Fund, Securities and Futures Authority (Hong Kong) as well a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.