Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Investment
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with MIT School of Architecture and Planning.Full disclaimer.
Commercial real estate investments are appealing assets for investors seeking to diversify their portfolios - offering many advantages, including high-income potential and steady cash flows. However, due to the financial losses associated with mismanagement, these investments can be high risk.
The focus of this 6-week program is to bring the potential of lucrative commercial real estate to investors, while introducing key concepts and tools needed to reduce risk and make intelligent real estate investment decisions.
The program not only features guidance from industry experts, but also includes unique tools, terms and theories pioneered by Faculty Director and leading MIT Professor, David Geltner.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate from the MIT School of Architecture and Planning in this online program and be empowered to:
- Evaluate and select individual property investments by applying financial economic methods
- Assess the feasibility of real estate development projects using economic principles
- Explore the micro- and macroeconomic characteristics of the commercial real estate market
- Use modern portfolio theory to manage real estate investments
- Measure the performance of real estate investments using benchmarks, and use performance attribution to improve investment performance
Hear from academic experts and industry thought leaders, such as Professor David Geltner, as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Financial economic concepts and tools for real estate
- Module 2 The real estate system and the space market
- Module 3 Micro level: property valuation and investment analysis
- Module 4 Leverage, and financing the investment
- Module 5 Macro level: strategic and tactical tools for portfolio management
- Module 6 Investment analysis of real estate development projects
A holistic approach to real estate finance
This MIT SA+P online program is delivered in collaboration with GetSmarter. Learn from industry thought leaders as you gain an accelerated yet holistic overview of the latest commercial property analysis and investment topics in this online short course from MIT SA+P.
Quantitative but accessible
While there are no formal prerequisites for this program, general numeracy skills are recommended as you will be expected to engage with quantitative content. If you aren’t from a quantitative background, there will be resources available for revision of numerical concepts and calculations, as well as ongoing support to guide you through content-related challenges.