Collaborative Performance Management & Coaching
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
This is a beginner-level course that will equip participants with Collaborative Dialogue frameworks and skills with a focus on adapting this to the performance management and coaching contexts. Through the hands-on application, they will also sharpen their questioning skills, learn and use goal-setting frameworks, and develop skills in handling emotional or conflict situations.
- By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand how to have productive interactions with their staff – be it day-to-day, or as part of the performance management cycle.
- Be able to create a nurturing, productive environment for collaborative dialogue.
- Understand what coaching plays in the performance management context.
- Have identified the competencies a manager must develop in order to be an effective and inspiring coach, and when to use the intervention for maximum effectiveness.
- Understand how personalities and communication styles can create conflict, and learn how to adapt their styles to a productive coaching outcome.
- Master the techniques to deal with different types of performance issues.
- Be able to develop their staff’s skill sets and set clear objectives for the team.
- Have developed an understanding of productive questioning skills
- Be able to develop and practice their skills in a supportive environment, and receive feedback and skill-coaching on their performance
- Recognition, Coaching Dialogue and Constructive Feedback
- Performance-Based Appraisal and Rewards
- The Different Phases of Performance Management
- The Communication Elements in the Performance Appraisal Interview
- Performance Management Pitfalls to Avoid
- Understanding Personality and Communication Styles
- How to Adapt Your Management/Communication Style to Different Personalities
- Dealing with Transactions: For Collaboration, Conflict and Communication Breakdown
- Planning of the Correct Strategy
- Targeted Case Studies in Performance Management
- Basics - Coaching for Performance
- SMART Goal-Setting Approach; Setting Goals for Collaborative Performance Management
Who should attend
Managers of all levels who have direct reports.