Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who is considering using Agile methodology for software development, including project managers, analysts, developers, programmers, testers, IT managers/directors, software engineers, software architects, software managers, testing managers, team leaders and customers.
About the course
Avoid project failure due to poor requirements gathering, analysis and planning.
Rapidly changing business environments and priorities may have some incomplete or inaccurate requirements documentation. This onsite seminar would demonstrate alternative ways of documenting requirements and managing changes. Your staff will explore alternative ways that can allow for a leaner process in projects and reap the benefits without sacrificing project time, cost or quality.
They will gain hands-on experience with techniques for gathering Agile requirements through explanatory lectures, practice exercises and demonstrations, so they can elicit effective requirements for your company's Agile projects.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn the basics—then master the techniques of effective Agile requirements
- Use an Agile approach in an organization with heavy documentation requirements
- Settle the misunderstanding over cases vs. user stories
- Write user stories to effectively deliver product features that meet customer expectations
- Discover how methods in traditional requirements elicitation processes can apply to Agile methods
- Monitor ROI when gathering requirements and planning their delivery
- Break down large projects into manageable components for iterative delivery
- Communicate requirements using Agile techniques to bridge the gap between customer and developer desires
- Prioritize requirements so highest business values are delivered first
- Formulate iterative project plans with feedback cycles to keep projects on track
- Estimate business value for requirements to track how a project contributes to the enterprise
- Develop requirements in an iterative approach to capture the details at the appropriate time
What You Will Cover
- Defining roles for the project team and determining appropriate communication
- Experiencing the value of an elaborative requirements-gathering process
- Defining customer roles and personas
- Documenting requirements with user stories
- Determining business value and priority for each user story
- Participating in engaging and innovative estimating techniques
- Seeing how iterations fit into an easy-to-communicate product release plan
- Documenting requirement details with user cases, process flows and story maps
- Exploring advanced requirements elicitation techniques to fit projects of any size and duration
- Planning and executing an iteration cycle
- Learning how to continuously improve requirements collaboration