Who should attend
If you’re working in audit and insurance, risk management, information security, regulatory and compliance, or governance of enterprise IT, then COBIT is your one-stop solution for mastering information technology. IT professionals such as auditors, IT managers, quality professionals, developers, process practitioners, and managers in IT service-providing firms or IT service-providing departments of any firm will find this COBIT 5 course helpful in advancing their career.
No formal qualification is required to take this COBIT training online course or complete the exam, other than the experience and knowledge of IT service-providing firms or IT service-providing departments of any firm.
About the course
This COBIT® 5 Foundation training course will give you a deep understanding of the COBIT 5 framework for managing and governing enterprise IT environments. COBIT 5 provides an end-to-end business perspective for IT governance and reflects the role of IT in creating value for enterprises.
This COBIT 5 Foundation course is designed for professionals seeking a deeper understanding of the governance and management of enterprise IT. This course includes six lessons, covering the five principles and seven enablers that form the basis of the COBIT 5 business framework. Real-life scenarios and quizzes complement this COBIT training course.
- 10 hours of high quality video e-learning content
- 48 chapter-end quizzes
- 10+ real life examples
- Question bank of 200 questions (4 sets of 50 Qs each)
- COBIT 5 e-book included
- COBIT 5 Foundation exam fee included
- Enterprise IT management
- COBIT framework concepts
- Principles and enablers
- Functions of COBIT
- COBIT in practical situations
- Concepts of process capability
COBIT® 5 Foundation
Lesson 0 - Introduction to COBIT® 5
1 Introduction to COBIT® 5
2 Course Objectives
3 About ISACA®
4 COBIT® 5 Certification Program Overview
5 COBIT® 5 Certification—Benefits for Individuals
6 COBIT® 5 Certification—Benefits for Organisations
7 Purpose of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Certification
8 Purpose of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Certification (contd.)
9 Target Audience of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Course
10 Learning Outcomes of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Course
11 Learning Areas of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Course
12 COBIT® 5 Foundation Certification Examination
13 Preparation for the COBIT® 5 Foundation Certification Examination
Lesson 1.0 - Overview and Key Features of COBIT® 5
Lesson 1.1 - COBIT® 5 and Other IT Governance Frameworks
Lesson 1.2 - Quiz
Lesson 1.3 - Conclusion
Lesson 2.0 - Overview of COBIT® 5 Principles and Principle 1
Lesson 2.1 - COBIT® 5 Principles 2 and 3
Lesson 2.2 - COBIT® 5 Principles 4 and 5
Lesson 2.3 - Quiz
Lesson 2.4 - Conclusion
Lesson 3.0 - Overview of COBIT® 5 Enablers Enabler 1
Lesson 3.1 - COBIT® 5 Enabler 2
Lesson 3.2 - COBIT® 5 Enablers 3 and 4
Lesson 3.3 - COBIT® 5 Enabler 5
Lesson 3.4 - COBIT® 5 Enablers 6 and 7
Lesson 3.5 - Quiz
Lesson 3.6 - Conclusion
Lesson 4.0 - Introduction to COBIT® 5 Implementation
Lesson 4.1 - COBIT® 5 Implementation Phases
Lesson 4.2 - Quiz
Lesson 4.3 - Conclusion
Lesson 5.0 - Process Capability Assessment Model
Lesson 5.1 - Process Attributes and Process Capability Levels
Lesson 5.2 - Quiz
Lesson 5.3 - Conclusion
Exam & Certification
- To pass the COBIT® 5 Foundation exam, the candidate should have thorough knowledge of the five COBIT 5 principles, the seven COBIT 5 enablers, the seven-phase implementation lifecycle, and the process capability assessment.
- One must possess experience in providing IT service and should have donned various roles in Enterprise IT to be able to understand and relate to the concepts covered in the COBIT course. There is no other prerequisite for this course.
- The online or paper-based examination consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and requires a score of 50% or higher to pass, which means that at least 25 questions have to be answered correctly.
- Once the online examination is completed, a score with “Pass” or “Fail” is generated. For the paper-based examination, please contact your Simplilearn coordinator for more details.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.