Who should attend
This program is designed for anyone in a management role, including those new to managing within virtual / work-from-home settings, as well as leaders hoping to boost performance within established virtual teams.
About the course
During the early days of the pandemic, it was hard enough to simply "manage" people remotely. As we settle in for the long haul, it’s not enough to manage. We need to coach - to help people grow and develop into their new roles, new expectations and the ’new normal’. Growth gives meaning to pressure, and a sense of progress is essential if our people are going to stay engaged over the long-term under uncertainty.
In this highly practical half-day program, you will explore the three plays that great coaches consistently execute using four skills, and how to execute this "3x4 Coaching" model in a remote environment.
In this program you will learn:
- How to build coaching relationships remotely
- The key elements required to inspire peak performance
- Communication skills of top coaches
- How to uncover coachable challenges, issues and goals
- A variety of coaching styles to meet the needs of staff as they adjust to new contexts and roles
You'll leave with highly practical tools – including models for feedback and a bank of coaching questions - to execute the 3 plays of coaching in a remote environment.
This program will help you become a better coach when you can't be face-to-face (and, incidentally, it will also help when you're face-to-face too!). You’ll be better equipped to:
- Give star performers the feedback, recognition and growth opportunities that keep them motivated
- Address blocks to performance in a constructive and productive way that doesn’t sap engagement
- Maintain motivation through a period of change and uncertainty
- Consistently deliver results while building engagement
Organizations will benefit from facilitating their leaders' development. They will:
- Improve employee productivity and the ability to adapt to the 'new normal'
- Build stronger loyalty among key talent to an organization and manager who is invested in their growth and development during a challenging time
- Maintain momentum on the development of key talent in the midst of disruption
- Improve employee engagement
The program covers the following curriculum:
- The principles of building coaching relationships remotely
- The three core things coaches need to focus on: clarity, competence and recognition
- The four communication skills that allow you to coach remotely: questions, listening, feedback, and confronting
- How to build clarity around expectations and values when remote
- How to ask effective questions to uncover the information and root issues that you need to coach to
- How to adjust your coaching style based on where people are at as they adjust to new responsibilities
Dynamic Remote Learning
Participate in the program from anywhere. Queen’s Executive Education remote learning programs combine live, dynamic video instruction with breakout sessions, panel discussions, and expert Q&A.
Our learning platform is fully encrypted, allowing you to connect securely from home, office or anywhere in between.
Remote programs are designed to fit within your schedule, allowing you to learn new skills and immediately put them to work.
Dane Jensen is an expert on strategy and leadership, and a furious cross-pollinator between the podium and boardroom. As Performance Coaching's CEO, he advises other CEOs and Senior Leaders in both sport and business, and is a regular contributor to The Globe and Mail on the topics of strategy an...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.