Coaching for Professional Development
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Wits Business School.Full disclaimer.
Fuel your growth through coaching. Sharpen your self-awareness, increase your professionalism and improve your performance. Facilitate behaviour changes that will bring about positive changes in your career.
- Academic content – an understanding of coaching
- Psychometric assessments and individual feedback
- Defining deliverables for professional development
- One-on-one coaching sessions toward achieving deliverables
Benefit from one-on-one coaching. Work with your coach to define the deliverables you want to achieve by the end of the coaching programme and set about achieving those deliverables.
Coaching is used as an effective, personalised, one-on-one tool to nurture talent, improve self-awareness, maximise potential, facilitate behaviour change, improve performance, increase professionalism and deliver on the business agenda.
Who should attend
Leaders at any level within the organisation who are identified as potential candidates for growth through coaching.
Leadership Coaching Strategies
With business moving at breakneck speed, frequent job shifts, and limited in-house training, professionals of all levels are often grappling with changes. As a result, organizations are in dire need of leaders who can guide their colleagues through workplace challenges, help them improve performance, and lead them through career decisions.
This two-day program is tailored to leaders and managers with an internal team of direct reports. It provides insight into the latest techniques and fundamentals of coaching to help you become a mentor who can drive your team and colleagues to succeed.
You’ll develop a strategy for coaching based on your unique strengths and experiences. Through case studies and experiential exercises—including ones that place you in the shoes of someone receiving coaching—you’ll develop and fine-tune essential coaching skills. By moving beyond typical mentoring and day-to-day managing, you’ll find new ways to strengthen your team and add value to your organization.
- Become a better leader by developing your coaching toolkit
- Help your employees reach their potential, while supporting the goals of the company
- Promote a company culture that supports professional growth and retains talented team members
- Prepare for expanded management responsibilities
- Practice key elements of the coaching process, from contracting to initial meeting to completion
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Developing a coaching mindset by examining the latest coaching principles and best practices
- Discovering essential competencies for effective coaching: thinking, being, and doing
- Using personal assessment tools to help people understand how others perceive them
- Adapting your coaching style to the needs of different individuals by practicing mirroring, directive, guiding, and facilitating conversations
- Overcoming common coaching challenges, such as delivering difficult feedback in a way that promotes constructive outcomes
- Gaining greater self-awareness through coaching and furthering your own professional development
Who should attend
This program is designed for managers who want to develop a coaching approach to leadership, as well as HR professionals who want to coach leaders within their organization or who are responsible for hiring external coaches.