Coaching for Human Resource Professionals
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) developed Coaching for Human Resource Professionals to help HR leaders refine their own coaching skills, foster coaching skills in others and begin to build a coaching culture in their organization. Coaching makes development accessible for everyone, every day.
Change the way you view development. Today’s organizations are awash in a sea of continuous change and new skills are needed from the front-line to the C-suite. That’s where coaching comes in. HR professionals who can infuse a coaching mindset and skills throughout their organization can create opportunities for development, at every level of the organization. Coaching takes place in real-time, on the job and is relevant to each individual and their particular needs. The end result is a more resilient organization.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Explain & apply CCL’s unique coaching framework.
- Put critical coaching skills to use.
- Manage coaching relationships more effectively.
- Adapt one’s own coaching style as needed.
- Build a results-driven personal development plan.
- Identify ways coaching can be effectively applied throughout the organization.
- Set strategies to create a coaching culture.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Teaching managers to be more effective in giving feedback & developing others.
- Spreading a coaching mindset throughout the organization so everyone has access to coaching.
- Refining one’s own coaching skills.
- Creating a resilient organization prepared to handle challenges.
Why Choose Coaching for Human Resource Professionals?
- Program is approved for HRCI credit: 23 HR General re-certification hours towards PHR, SPHR & GPHR re-certification.
- Curriculum is based on International Coach Federation core competencies.
- Utilizes CCL’s results-based coaching model, providing tools for immediate use back home.
- In-depth assessments help participants understand their own leadership style.
- Two peer-based coaching sessions allow participants to try out new skills in a safe, feedback-rich environment.
- Post-program development includes 2 telephone coaching sessions with a CCL coach.
- Work closely with expert coaches & small groups in a focused & feedback-rich learning environment.
- Extensive networking opportunities with other HR professionals.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
PHASE 1: PREPARE
A comprehensive assessment of the leadership coaching skills necessary to develop others.
- Give a detailed picture of coaching strengths, behaviors and preferences.
- Identify & clarify development needs.
- Establish a foundation for personal & professional growth.
- Feedback that Works
- Active Listening
PHASE 2: ENGAGE
This 3-day program is a 30-hour combination of synchronous (24 hours) & asynchronous learning (6 hours) including:
- Five structured practice sessions around relationships & assessments; support & listening; challenge & results; integration, & goal setting.
- Written feedback forms for all practice sessions.
- Active listening activities.
- Coaching sessions around coaching effectiveness, feedback, goal setting, & creating a coaching culture.
- Group coaching to learn from CCL expert coach & peers.
PHASE 3: APPLY
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support including:
- 2 peer coaching sessions.
- 2 follow up telephone coaching sessions with a CCL coach.
- An e-course, Developmental Conversations.
Who should attend
Mid-to-senior level HR professionals who are:
- Responsible for coaching others.
- Responsible for creating a coaching culture in the organization.