Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is ideal for anyone who wants to develop the full potential in their employees, including:
- Business managers and directors
- Public sector leaders
- HR managers and trainers
- Office managers and supervisors
- Operations, quality and manufacturing managers
- Technical managers and project leaders
- Employee development and team specialists
- Sales and customer service managers
About the course
A structured talent management program for all managers, human resource supervisors and team leaders.
Coaching and Mentoring
Individuals and Teams
Coaching is the skill you can no longer do without. Exceptional organizations in both public and private sectors are staffed by outstanding people. These employees reach their highest potential when given the opportunity to excel by their coach. This program will provide you with a framework to effectively coach and mentor people in a fast-moving landscape in person or virtually. The coaching and leadership skills you will acquire can be used every day. You will learn how to modify your coaching style to suit each employee and customize development plans to match to his/her learning styles.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions to improve the confidence and competence of your employees
- Receive a complete set of “tools” to make coaching or mentoring effective
- Learn from a 360º coaching evaluation and leadership challenges that can be improved
- Engage your employees in setting appropriate stretch goals that build ownership.
- Create customized development plans for team members
- Adjust your coaching style to suit to competence and maturity of your employee
- Bond with employees while maintaining a professional relationship
- Help employees learn more skills, more effectively, in less time and at lower cost
- Deal assertively with poor performers who don’t respond to traditional managerial practices
Overview of Topics
Day 1 and 2
- The Manager as a Coach
- Coaching Styles for High Performance
- Introducing Mentoring Programs
- Developing High-Potentials Through Mentoring
Biography Cy Charney is one of the Schulich School of Business, York University’s top instructors. As a leading Canadian thought leader in the area of organizational performance, Cy has developed a variety of unique interventions to help organizations in both the private and public sector become ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.