About the course
The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management accredited by the Chartered Management Institute gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace. Aimed at middle managers to improve their abilities to operate functionally and contribute to the strategic thinking and direction of your organisation. It will equip you with the core knowledge, skills and behaviours to work effectively as leaders and managers.
When you develop your management skills with CMI and SPD you start on a journey that will help you become more skilled at leading and managing teams and increased confidence in decision your making.
What are the benefits of a professional CMI qualification?
The Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace. The accreditation is designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, leadership skills and information management.
This qualification focuses on your personal development based on your management capabilities and competencies.
Over 85% of managers agreed their management and leadership qualification improved their performance and by transferring their new skills to the workplace, almost all have seen a vast improvement in their team’s performance.
78% of employers agreed that qualifications provide quality assurance for customers and the benefits outweighed the time, money and effort invested in obtaining them.
More than 80% of managers say that taking a management qualification has resulted in increased professional recognition, with most stating that employers prefer qualified managers when recruiting.
53% of CMI qualified managers have stated that their qualification has helped them in gaining a promotion.
The CMI Certificate accreditation comprises of three module courses and an accreditation process.
- Identify your own leadership style, and consider your personal resilience levels. Specify leadership challenges and concerns.
- Define what resilience means to the individual, and how this will support leaders in their roles.
- Examine case studies and examples of best practice in resilient leadership.
- Identify and apply theoretical models, including Transactional Analysis, to delegates’ real world challenges. Consider leadership communication, and how to approach challenge and under-performance in team members.
- Identify the challenges involved in leading through organisational change, and consider best practice approaches to successfully implementing changes whilst providing support and consideration to employee welfare.
Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Explore the core skills, attributes and behaviours of an effective team leader as a developer of people.
- Examine your own strengths and consider how you can maximise your positive impact before considering any areas for personal development.
- Core skills in communication including appropriate use of language, neurological levels of communication and a range of tools and techniques for ensuring your message is clearly received and understood.
- Explores the leader’s role in supporting and developing staff members; identify how performance management processes can effectively support high performance and development.
- Learn and apply some effective coaching techniques, including the GROW model.
Management Strategy and Decision Making
- Identify the difference between strategic and tactical decisions
- Roles you will play in the strategic decision making process
- How to evaluate your organisation’s strategic decision making process
- Identify different sources of information to inform decision making strategy – both quantitative and qualitative
- Analyse and scrutinise information to identify opportunities or advantages
- Use data to inform the decision making process and come to robust evidence based decisions
- Consider stakeholders who’ll be affected by the decision, develop communication frameworks and evaluate the impact.
Assessment and Accreditation
The Assessment and Accreditation process follows the completion of the three modules and will focus on the practical assessment of the core competencies. Assessment is via practical work based assignments which ensure minimal time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.