CMI Level 5 Certificate & Diploma in Management and Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Salford, Manchester.Full disclaimer.
Today more than ever there’s a huge emphasis on management performance which demands more skills than ever before. Far too many managers and aspiring leaders don’t receive the guidance they need to tackle their challenging roles or to prepare them for the next step in their career.
When you develop your management skills with CMI and Salford Professional Development you start on a journey that will help you become better at what you do, increase satisfaction and gain more confidence in your decision making and yielding better results.
What are the benefits of a professional CMI qualification?
The Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace. The accreditation is designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, leadership skills and information management.
This qualification focuses on your personal development based on your management capabilities and competencies.
Over 85%of managers agreed their management and leadership qualification improved their performance and by transferring their new skills to the workplace, almost all have seen a vast improvement in their team’s performance.
78% of employers agreed that qualifications provide quality assurance for customers and the benefits outweighed the time, money and effort invested in obtaining them.
More than 80% of managers say that taking a management qualification has resulted in increased professional recognition, with most stating that employers prefer qualified managers when recruiting.
53% of CMI qualified managers have stated that their qualification has helped them in gaining a promotion.
The CMI Certificate accreditation comprises of three module courses and an accreditation process.
- Identify your own leadership style, and consider your personal resilience levels. Specify leadership challenges and concerns.
- Define what resilience means to the individual, and how this will support leaders in their roles.
- Examine case studies and examples of best practice in resilient leadership.
- Identify and apply theoretical models, including Transactional Analysis, to delegates’ real world challenges. Consider leadership communication, and how to approach challenge and under-performance in team members.
- Identify the challenges involved in leading through organisational change, and consider best practice approaches to successfully implementing changes whilst providing support and consideration to employee welfare.
Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Explore the core skills, attributes and behaviours of an effective team leader as a developer of people.
- Examine your own strengths and consider how you can maximise your positive impact before considering any areas for personal development.
- Core skills in communication including appropriate use of language, neurological levels of communication and a range of tools and techniques for ensuring your message is clearly received and understood.
- Explores the leader’s role in supporting and developing staff members; identify how performance management processes can effectively support high performance and development.
- Learn and apply some effective coaching techniques, including the GROW model.
Management Strategy and Decision Making
- Identify the difference between strategic and tactical decisions
- Roles you will play in the strategic decision making process
- How to evaluate your organisation’s strategic decision making process
- Identify different sources of information to inform decision making strategy – both quantitative and qualitative
- Analyse and scrutinise information to identify opportunities or advantages
- Use data to inform the decision making process and come to robust evidence based decisions
- Consider stakeholders who’ll be affected by the decision, develop communication frameworks and evaluate the impact.
Diploma 5 days
- Explore the concept of leadership and management and the differences and similarities
- Clarify the importance of a vision and a mission and the responsibility of the leader in promoting, supporting and role-modelling these in the organisation
- Establish the critical nature of commitment and self-belief to supporting leadership style
- Explore ethical leadership and its’ impact on organisational practice
- Examine how values drive behaviours and contribute to organisational culture
- Identify preferences in leadership style and the differences between transformational and transactional leadership
- Develop skills to flex leadership style in line with different situations and individuals
Conducting a Management Project
- Develop a set of project management skills and tools to deliver a business-based project
- Identify and analyse data to develop options that meet the project need
- Assess the different options and determine the most effective solution to resolve the issue
- Evaluate the different options against agreed criteria to objectively select
- Use project management tools to develop a plan to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Create a communication plan for stakeholders to meet their information and communication requirements
- Use project management tools to monitor the activities and the progress or the project against the planned deadlines and milestones and a method of reporting