Who should attend
The PGP-CC batch has an eclectic and diverse mix of working professionals from leading organizations maintaining an excellent diversity across industries, work experience and job roles.
Applicants should have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in IT & technology role with exposure to one or more of these skill sets
- Systems Administration
- Network Engineering
- Database Administration
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Software Development
- Maintenance & Tech Support
About the course
(2) New Messages!
Why Join PGP - Cloud Computing?
Become proficient with cloud
Learn to apply concepts and work with all relevant tools and platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud & DevOps.
Hands-on real-world projects
Work on 15+ use cases through labs & industry relevant projects across multiple cloud platforms and build an impressive portfolio.
Pioneers in Cloud Program
We are India's leaders in the cloud industry and preferred choice of technology professionals.
800+ career transitions
More than 800 alumni of our cloud program have successfully transitioned to roles like solution architect, lead consultant, lead developer, etc.
PG Cloud Computing Course Learning Experience
Online + Weekend Sessions
This mode of learning enables you to pursue the course along with your professional commitments without disrupting your work.
Design . Build . Deploy . Repeat
You will work on multiple labs and projects cutting across various cloud concepts and platforms.
Get personalised mentoring and guidance from thought leaders with several years of industry experience that enables them to impart practical knowledge and real-world insights.
Work on a comprehensive 12 week project with your peers and implement the entire project lifecycle, from inception to deployment including architecture, cloud financials, vendor comparison.
## Program Structure
A 6-month structured Cloud Computing online course with weekend mentorship sessions to help you become proficient in working with a range of cloud environments, including AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
Become proficient in multiple cloud platforms like AWS and Microsoft Azure with 100+ hours of instructional content and 300+ hours of overall learning
You'll build a professional portfolio of 5 projects including a specialized 12 week capstone project
Weekend mentoring sessions
Personalised mentorship from cloud architects working in leading companies
How does Mentorship Work?
Great Learning online session
Participants attend live instructor-led online sessions over weekends Participants are led by an instructor as they work on various tools and platforms. All participant doubts are cleared as they work closely with their mentors on projects and assignments.
Great Learning mentors inspire
Mentors inspire and guide participants at each step of their learning Our mentors go beyond concept walkthroughs, doubt clearing and projects, to help participants achieve their learning goals and also support them in their career transition in the cloud industry.
Great Lakes Certificate & ePortfolio
Earn a Great Lakes certificate and create an ePortfolio to showcase your learning & projects in a snapshot. Your certificate and ePortfolio can also be shared on social media channels to establish your credibility in Cloud Computing.
Developer Track Certificate
An additional certificate is available for participants with a programming background. Need to complete the additional requirements listed below to be eligible to receive this certificate.
- Developing on cloud
- Infrastructure as Code
- Become proficient with AWS and Azure or Google Cloud
- Individual project (using either Python, Java or .NET)
IT professionals not already working with cloud technologies will gain a solid foundation while those with some cloud experience will gain a more structured and hands-on understanding of cloud technologies, including issues such as migration, deployment, integration, platform choice, architecture, and TCO. You will also get additional resources containing material which can help you crack the AWS and Azure certifications.
Cloud Primer (Preparatory Work Course)
- Basic python for cloud
- Basic Linux
- Introduction to Virtualization (VM’s and Containers)
- Service Delivery & Deployment Models
- Cloud Attributes and Services Taxonomy
- Introduction to Infrastructure Automation
- Key Aspects of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- Expectations and Characteristics
- Failures, Modelling challenges, Load balancing
- The 12-factor app
- Architecture and Design Patterns
- Anti Patterns
- Event Driven Architecture
- Security Enforcement
- Migrating a monolith
Big Data Management & Analytics
- Concepts of NoSQL
- NoSQL Databases (Cassandra and DynamoDB)
- Partitioner, Replication, Snitch
- Query Driven Design and Distributed Development
- Amazon EMR, Hadoop and Hive
Cloud Security & Migration
- AWS Organizations
- Security services (Trusted Advisor, Data encryption, Amazon Inspector, AWS Config, Guard Duty, Macie)
- Identity and Access Control
- Application user management (AWS Cognito)
- Cost Explorer
- Cloud Migration Strategies
- Migration Maturity Index
- API based integration
- Workload Analysis
Private Cloud (Self-Paced Course)
- OpenStack Essentials
- A group project that allows you to apply your learning to real industry use cases and add it to your portfolio for potential employers to see as a tangible body of work
Cloud Computing on AWS
- Compute, Load Balancing, Autoscaling
- Storage, Replication and Life Cycle Management
- AWS Organization and Identity
- Networking and Data migration
Managed Services on AWS
- Databases (RDS, DynamoDB)
- Web Application Firewall
- SNS, SQS, Cloudwatch
- Athena, Quicksight and Kinesis
- Serverless (Lambda)
- AWS Cognitive Services (Rekognition, Comprehend & Polly)
Cloud Native DevOps
- Deployment Pipeline (AWS Code Commit, AWS Code Deploy, AWS Code Pipeline)
- Cloud Formation
Enterprise Cloud Solutions (Self-Paced Course)
- Data Architecture and Serverless approach
- Setting up a cloud based development environment
- Data streaming and data analytics on cloud
- Setting up Kinesis data stream
- Platform as a service - Elastic Beanstalk
- Step Functions
Solutions Architect - Official AWS Educate Learning Pathway
- Managed Services Overview
Application Developer - Official AWS Educate Learning Pathway
- Architecture & DevOps
- Data & Databases
- Web, Mobile & Gaming
Specialisation in Microsoft Azure with an option to learn Google Cloud as well
- Compute (Resource Groups, App service plan, Web API app, Azure VMs)
- Storage (Blob Storage, Azure tables, Storage queue)
- Database and Caching ( Azure redis, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB,SQL Data warehouse)
- Managed services in Azure (Service bus, cognitive services, logic apps, serverless computing, Service fabric)
- Monitoring and Logging (Azure Monitor, Event hub, Log analytics, Key vault)
- Azure IOT and IOT hub
- Azure CI/CD
Google Cloud Platform (Self Paced)
- Regions, Resources and Services Overview
- Google Compute Engine, Instance Groups, Load Balancing and Autoscaling
- Storage and Networking
- GCloud and Cloud SDK
- Google App Engine
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- You will understand the absolute basics of cloud computing.
- You will be able to design, build and deploy cloud based solutions.
- Become proficient with AWS and Azure or Google Cloud.
- Strong understanding of Containers and Microservices to architect applications.
- Learn both the fundamental aspects of Big Data - Infrastructure & Analytics.
- Become conversant with DevOps on Cloud.Truly understand the power of cloud by working on multiple managed services.
- Great Learning - Program learning outcomes
With over two and half decades of cross domain experience in IT and ITES across both services and products, Nirmallya Mukherjee has served as Chief Architect at Dell, Principal Architect at Infosys and Technical Architect at Ciber Inc, an HTC Global Services company. He lends his expertise to va...
Shiva is an enterprise architect and developer with over 16 years of experience in defining end-to-end application solutions in the areas of portal, content management, search, SOA and cloud computing. Adroit at defining enterprise web application solution, design and implementation of applicatio...
Atul is a senior Azure App lead at Microsoft, India with expertise in Enterprise Software, Internet of Things, Enterprise Architecture, Agile and Microsoft Azure.
Ganesh brings to us immense experience in technology and retail domain. He has worked for big retail giants like Lowes.com, IKEA.com, QVC.com, Lee.com, Wrangler.com, TNF.com, Vans.com and is currently leading the engineering team in Walmart. His technical expertise includes Java/J2EE, AWS, Google...
Bhuvaneswari Subramani is a Director of Engineering Operations at GT Nexus, an Infor Company. She has over eighteen years of IT experience. Her areas of specialization includes Cloud Computing, Build & Release automation, CI / CD, Software Configuration Management, Application Packaging, ALM ...
Rajesh has around 14+ years of experience into various roles including technology. He has worked in leadership roles on client engagements for customers like Accenture, IBM and Cognizant, facilitating continuous business growth and profitability. With his vast experience in the IT industry, he pr...
Deepak is the Program Lead for Cloud & New Products at Great Learning. On the technology side, as a cloud specialist working across platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack and Containers, he’s a strong proponent of John McCarthy’s vision of utility computing (think “cloud”). Wh...
With over 12 years of experience, Sachin adds his expertise to PGP-CC in the field of Azure. He works as a consultant for Microsoft on its Azure platform. He has an eye for detail and deeply understands his subject. A complete technical bent of mind that inspires the learners to dive deeper into ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.