Who should attend
This course is particularly useful for IT professionals who work with traditional on-premises systems and wish to learn about cloud computing concepts and solutions.
About the course
Cloud computing has recently emerged as the dominant approach for the implementation of IT systems. The benefits include faster implementation, reduced costs and rapid innovation potential. This course provides a primer on fast-evolving cloud technologies and the considerations in managing large-scale cloud environments for organisations making the transition.
About this course
This half-day course aims to provide attendees with a balanced view of cloud computing covering basic cloud concepts and terminology. The course includes a discussion of the benefits and challenges of cloud adoption; cloud migration strategies and case studies that illustrate how organizations in various industry sectors use cloud computing to a gain competitive advantage.
Introduction to cloud computing:
- Current IT technology trends
- Business motivations and technology drivers
- Benefits and challenges
- Cloud vs on-premises IT
- Cloud computing service models: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
Cloud computing deployment models:
- Public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Evolution of cloud computing
Cloud computing concepts and terminology:
- Virtual machines and containers
- Serverless computing
- DevOps and microservices
- Cloud computing frameworks (Kubernetes)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Document databases
- Column databases & graph databases
- CAP theorem and BASE consistency
- Tunable consistency
- NoSQL examples: MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB
Public cloud platforms:
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- AWS core services: examples and demonstrations: EC2, EBS, S3, RDS (Oracle, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora), ML
Cloud computing adoption:
- Migration readiness and planning
- Migration strategies
- AWS Adoption Framework
- Industrialization of IT,
- Machine Learning
After completing this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand cloud computing motivations and challenges
- Understand cloud computing concepts and terminology
- Appreciate the challenges of managing large-scale cloud environments
- Understand cloud migration strategies
I am an Honorary Associate at the School of Software, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, UTS. I have been a senior lecturer at the School of Software specializing on database management and enterprise computing. I am the author of over 100 publications across a range of topics in ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.