Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
You'll look at the background to the subject, all the latest regulation and perform detailed portfolio analysis steps to fulfil disclosure requirements. You will learn the requirements for portfolio analysis, approaches and adequate tools.
You will cover:
- The regulatory requirements on climate risk disclosure and likely developments in the future
- The approach to quantitative asset and portfolio-based climate risk and opportunity analysis
- How to design and conduct a portfolio analysis project from scoping to disclosure
- How to integrate analysis and disclosure as an automated and continuous process
- How to read and compare climate risk disclosures from investees
- The way ahead of risk analysis and reporting for the whole set of sustainable development goals
Why take this course
The financial impact of climate change is the key topic in financial risk management and disclosure today. Authorities, such as the Prudential Regulatory Authority and BoE are imposing regulations on financial institutions to adequately and quantitatively assess climate related risks and opportunities on equity and credit portfolios.
The Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) has developed a powerful framework and the EU action plan on sustainable finance is readily taking it up.
- An Introduction to Climate Risk Assessment
- Legal Background in UK, Continental Europe and Rest of World
- The TCFD Framework and Recommendations
- Evaluating Climate Risk
- Practice Examples From the Industry
- The Use of Scenario Models
- Implementing Financial Climate Risk Portfolio Analysis and Disclosure
- Likely Developments within Climate Risk
Christian Spindler is a recognised expert in climate risk analysis and management. After gaining both a PhD in Physics and an MBA, Christian Spindler has gained extensive experience in the data science and AI industries. He has also delivered a broad range of management consulting for data analyt...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.