CIO as Digital Business Strategist
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
The role of the CIO is undergoing change with the advent of mission critical role of information technology in enhancing business performance. The effective CIO today has the opportunity to play an active role in business strategy.
The ability of CIOs to involve with the top management in shaping the strategic agenda and the demonstration of its ability to support business growth is a key capability.
The prevalence of digitization has led companies to expand their utilization of IT to improve the effectiveness of business processes. Companies have demonstrated superior performances when CIOs are involved in enterprise wide strategy. This programme will present an overview as well as the tools and frameworks for the CIO to occupy a seat at the strategy table, having a better understanding of the businesses short and long term technology needs.
- The transformation of the CIO as a business strategist.
- The roles and responsibilities in catalyzing business strategy.
- Business models and strategies.
- The strategic role of digitization.
- Identifying opportunities for enhancing business model execution through digital resources and capabilities.
- Leveraging digital technologies for business model innovation.
- The economics of platform models of business strategy.
- The strategic decisions that underlie the development of a platform strategy.
- Why are digital technologies likely to disrupt industries?
- How should business models be redesigned to address digital disruptions?
- Develop a road map to assume the roles and responsibilities of a business strategist from the CIO perspective.
- Strategize and plan for innovations in business models.
- Deepen understanding on the execution of IT strategy for superior business performance.
Who should attend
This programme is ideal for those seeking ideas, perspectives and a road map for transforming the CIO function into a business strategist function. It is specifically designed for CIOs or Senior executives with responsibilities for building and deploying IT infrastructure. Those who are Chief Technology Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Vice-President of IT will also benefit from attending the programme.