Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
The CIMA Professional – Operational Level will be the first step you take towards becoming fully qualified with CIMA and gaining full CGMA status.
You will study three subject areas on this course:
- E1 - Managing Finance in a digital world
- P1 - Management Accounting
- F1 - Finance Reporting
Once completed, you will have the required knowledge to make short term decisions and use appropriate data and technology to develop short term actionable plans from medium term decisions.
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Dip MA.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
E1 - Managing Finance in a digital world
- Learn the central role finance plays within an organisation, as well as why and how the technologies you used can impact the finance function
- Understand how to examine and use all data collected and processed to create or preserve value for your organisation
- Discover how the finance function is structured and how it interacts with your organisation, to achieve the wider objectives
P1 - Management Accounting
- Learn about costing and how it is used
- Understand about the preparation and implemented of budgets and the impact it has on an organisation
- Discover the essential techniques required to ensure effective short-term decision making, with risk management tools
F1 - Finance Reporting
- Learn who the regulators are and what they do, as well as why and how these regulators are applied
- Understand how to prepare financial statements using correct reporting standards
- Discover how to calculate corporation tax and learn how to distinguish between different types of taxes
- Review the tools required to ensure an organisation has enough cash to continue with its regular operation
Units of Study
E1 Managing Finance in a digital world
- A. Role of the finance function
- B. Technology in a digital world
- C. Data and information in a digital world
- D. Shape and structure of the finance function
- E. Finance interacting with the organisation
P1 Management Accounting
- A. Cost Accounting for decision and control
- B. Budgeting and budgetary control
- C. Short term commercial decision making
- D. Risk and uncertainty in the short term
F1 Finance Reporting
- A. Regulatory environment of financial reporting
- B. Financial statements
- C. Principles of taxation
- D. Managing cash and working capital
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study CIMA wherever and whenever suits you best
- Official CIMA approved course content
- Improve earning potential with a CIMA qualification
- CIMA members (CGMAs) earn an average of £66,000 per annum
- 63% of CIMA students expect to receive a bonus within 12 months of qualifying
- There are a wide range of job roles, including financial, consulting and management
- Tutor Support available
- Case Study Familiarisation Workbook
- Self-paced study enables you to determine how quickly you can progress
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.