Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
If you’re looking to work in the business accounting or management accounting sectors, the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting qualification provides you with the knowledge required to do so.
As this is an entry-level qualification no previous experience is required to enrol onto this course, and there are no prerequisites.
Course subjects include:
- Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
There are two CIMA qualifications available - CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting and the CIMA Professional Qualification.
Units of Study
Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- A. Macroeconomic and Institutional Context of Business (25%)
- B. Microeconomic and Organisational Context of Business (30%)
- C. Informational Context of Business (20%)
- D. Financial Context of Business (25%)
Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)
- A. The Context of Management Accounting (10%)
- B. Costing (25%)
- C. Planning and Control (30%)
- D. Decision Making (35%)
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- A. Accounting Principles, Concepts and Regulations (10%)
- B. Recording Accounting Transactions (50%)
- C. Preparation of Accounts for Single Entities (30%)
- D. Analysis of Financial Statements (10%)
Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
- A. Business Ethics and Ethical Conflict (30%)
- B. Corporate Governance, Controls and Corporate Social Responsibility (45%)
- C. General Principles of the Legal System, Contract and Employment Law (15%)
- D. Company Administration (10%)
Where can CIMA take my career?
One of the most important factors of business success is sound financial management. As such, CIMA graduates leave prepared to add value to any organisation around the world.
At this level you can apply for junior job roles such as an Accounting administrator, an Auditing Clerk, or Finance Planner. A starting salary between £25,000 and £32,000 is realistic. Once you have taken your CIMA Professional Qualifications, you could double that starting salary.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.