Who should attend
Suitable for professionals at any level to build more successful relationships with Chinese counterparts, clients and contacts.
About the course
Build more successful relationships with Chinese counterparts, clients and contacts through a greater understanding Chinese culture, styles of communication and ethics.
- Gain a comprehensive framework for understanding Chinese culture and communication styles.
- Develop a clearer understanding of the key values that motivate Chinese people.
- Build a greater ability to establish successful relationships with Chinese counterparts.
- Gain practical ideas and tips for doing business with Chinese counterparts more effectively.
What is covered in the course?
- How to pronounce Chinese names correctly.
- Chinese business card etiquette.
- Chinese hierarchy.
- 'Face' — losing, giving and gaining 'face'.
- 'Guanxi' — the importance of relationship in Chinese business culture.
- The indirectness of Chinese communication.
- Non-verbal communication.
- How to communicate in a group environment.
- How to get your point across in an appropriate way.
- How to socialise with Chinese people.
How will I benefit?
Through this workshop you will gain hands-on practical tips and solutions to creating successful business relationships supported by essential background knowledge on Chinese communication styles and culture.
How will my organisation benefit?
Improve your business’ chances of dealing with China, and take advantage of the growing opportunities with one of Australia’s major trading partners.
Jing is the Director of a Chinese language and cultural advice service business and comes from a background in tourism and hospitality. It was during his early years working in the hotel industry in Switzerland that he became aware of the importance of understanding the customers’ backgrounds and...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.