Who should attend
The Berkeley CEO Program is designed for senior executives who are ready to accelerate their career to the highest level of leadership. It is designed for CEOs as well as for senior leaders who are identified as critical to a company's succession plan.
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience
- A demonstrated track record of leading regional/global teams and motivating by example
- The agenda and ability to drive transformation in a complex, uncertain business environment
- Substantial work experience, including significant time as a business leader ideally across regions and cultures
- Readiness to immerse themselves in a transformative learning experience that offers an opportunity for serious self-assessment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
About the course
In an increasingly volatile environment, where business models are continually changing across industries, the CEO’s role is also evolving. The Berkeley Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Program has been designed to equip business leaders with the skill sets required to successfully navigate this era of uncertainty and transformation.
Fast-paced disruptions that change the way companies do business can take any form. The global crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic is just one example. Other factors like shifting geopolitics, market volatility, digital disruptions, and societal changes can present challenges at any time. The Berkeley CEO Program has been designed to transform senior professionals into leaders who possess the foresight, agility, and influence to lead a global organization. You will enhance your ability to lead growth strategies, seize new opportunities, and gain a competitive advantage. The program will broaden your global perspective and equip you with the latest research and best practices in leadership, culture, and innovation. You will emerge from the program prepared to lead with a greater purpose, inspire performance, and foster an organizational culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Above all, you will develop the vision and the drive required to lead a global organization in the 21st century.
The Berkeley CEO Program delivers learning that will help you fulfill your potential. Three core modules will provide you with the tools and frameworks to effectively lead innovation and change. You will explore various leadership styles to emerge as a more strategic leader equipped to build and inspire high-impact teams, and drive organizational transformation. Your in-depth learning journey will include lectures by faculty experts and specialists, case studies, group and individual exercises, and discussions with global leaders.
Transforming the Business (Core Module)
- Systems of innovation: The Silicon Valley ecosystem as a model
- Technical platforms: A framework for strategic innovation
- Customer-focused design
- Essential drivers of the digital economy
- Driving digital transformation and innovation
- Leading growth strategies
- Intrapreneurship (leading strategic innovation and change)
- Strategy in competitive markets
- Future-proof: Leading and succeeding in the global economy
- Corporate strategy: M&A
- Corporate strategy: Sustainability
Transforming the Self (Core Module)
- Leadership and executive presence
- Leading your team
- Managing your network
- Strategic negotiations
- Strategic storytelling
- Judgment and decision making
- Leading across differences: Conflict Management
- Beyond yourself: CSR and leading the sustainable business
- Driving change and dynamic execution
- Using influence to lead change
Transforming the Organization (Core Module)
- Your leadership style: What you think it is, what others think, and what it all means
- Leading strategy execution through culture
- Organizational canvas (exercise)
- Leadership in crises
- Leading high-performing organizations and developing a growth-oriented culture
- Fostering a culture of innovation through DEI
- Sustainability, leadership, and ethics
- Managing the board
- Taking action and getting traction
- Blockchain for Leaders
- Digital Transformation
- AI for Business
- Business Analytics for Leaders
- Future of Technology
Capstone Personal Case Project
The program ends with a three-day in-person event, which will be held at the UC Berkeley campus in California. This Global CEO Conference will be an action-packed networking opportunity featuring in-person faculty-led sessions, master classes, campus immersions, guest speakers and peer discussions. Scheduled networking opportunities will allow you to interact with your peers and grow your professional community. Prepare for enriching encounters along the way.
Education PhD, Business Administration, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley BA, Psychology, UC Berkeley Positions Held At Haas since 1993 2001 – present, Paul J. Cortese Distinguished Professor of Management 2001 – 2004, Director, Haas School of Business PhD Program 2001 – 2002, Ma...
Education PhD, Social/Personality Psychology, UC Berkeley BS, Psychology, University of Washington Positions Held At Haas since 2005 2013 – present, Professor, Haas School of Business 2011 – present, Lorraine Tyson Mitchell Chair in Leadership & Communication II 2008 – 2011, Asso...
Education PhD, University of California, Berkeley, History of Science and Technology, emphasis: Technical Innovation MA, Oxford University, Economics and Philosophy BA, United States Naval Academy (Annapolis), Engineering/History Positions Held At Haas since 2011 External Service and ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.