Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Leaders expecting change in their organization or in their industry
- Managers tasked with implementing change within their company or unit
- Individuals seeking to gain change management skills to have more influence in the decision-making process
About the course
Most organizations have some type of change initiative underway at any given point in time. However, unlocking the value of these change initiatives is often stymied by organizational resistance at many levels. Learn to apply proven change management models and techniques to help your company deliver on the promise of its change initiatives, reduce employee and managerial frustration, and decrease the chance of change initiative failure.
Organizations frequently must respond to changes in their external environment arising from technological advances, economic and regulatory shifts, variations in demographic trends, and increased competitive activity. New value creation opportunities also can spark changes in organizational structures and company cultures. However, organizational changes and change initiatives, no matter what the potential for positive outcomes, are likely to take a toll on managers and employees alike.
This course examines ways to effectively structure and implement change within an organization to improve performance and respond to potential challenges. Students will learn change management theories and how to apply them, ways to mitigate resistance to change, how to combat change fatigue, tools of cooperation, and the key elements of successful change efforts.
Topics covered include:
- Why employees/people resist change
- Tools managers may use to effectively enact change
- The DICE model of change
- Lewin’s Force Field Analysis
- Kotter’s Change Management Framework
Return on Education:
- Apply major change management theories to your own organization
- Reduce employee resistance to change
- Evaluate the likelihood that a particular initiative will succeed
- Make changes to an initiative to improve chances of success
- Understand how to navigate change and increase your productivity
- Implement change management initiatives successfully within your department or company
- Select the most effective tools of cooperation and change for different situations
- Identify the steps in putting together an effective change management plan
Bonita Austin is an Associate Professor (Lecturer) and Assistant Department Chair for the Entrepreneurship & Strategy Department in the David Eccles School of Business. Since joining the DESB in August 2008, Ms. Austin has received 4 teaching awards. The awards included the Brady Award for Su...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.