Change Management: Overcoming Resistance
Successful implementation of change is contingent on helping people embrace a new way of doing things. The traditional tools of communication and persuasion are often insufficient in dealing with emotionally based resistance. After learning the J-Curve model, you’ll be able to use a unique set of tools to immediately speed the implementation of any change.
This course teaches the cognitive, emotional and behavioral reactions at the five stages of the J-Curve. Using best management practices for each stage, this course guides leaders through overcoming the misconceptions and resistance that often accompany change.
- Learn the best management practices for each stage of the J-Curve
- Overcome people’s resistance to the emotional cliff of change
- Activate employees to overcome resistance to change
- Create action plans with feasible goals
- Build enthusiasm for sustaining change
- Leaders’ and followers’ misperceptions of the change process
- Why persuasion and education are weak influence tools
- Communicating at ground level and front-loading rewards
- Creating accountability and getting results
- Building enthusiasm for sustaining changes
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Learn to take advantage of times of crisis to implement key changes
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for any executive or leader that manages and implements change at their company.