Champlain LHIN Senior Leadership Program
The Champlain LHIN Senior Leadership Program is an executive development program delivered through a partnership between the Telfer School of Management (University of Ottawa) and the Rotman School of Management (University of Toronto). The program is designed to address the leadership development needs of executives and physician leaders and to improve opportunities for networking and collaboration between individuals and organizations. Participants in the program are sponsored by the leaders of health service providers both large and small from across the Champlain LHIN. The program is also endorsed and sponsored by the CEO of the Champlain LHIN. The program has been offered once per year since 2010.
What You Will Learn
The program focuses on developing the following broad competencies:
- Personal Leadership Skills: These are critical skills for the new world of healthcare. Our approach to healthcare leadership focuses on setting and communicating a direction (visioning), creating supportive conditions for those who develop commitment (aligning), and appealing to the values of stakeholders (motivating).
- Management of Change: Participants will learn a systematic approach to managing change and a process for working with individuals and groups, both inside and outside of your organization.
- Leadership Self-awareness and Political Intelligence: Self-awareness is a critical asset for an effective healthcare leader. Participants will be exposed to techniques for enhancing their Emotional Intelligence and developing their personal leadership agendas.
- Application of Managerial Tools: Participants will be exposed to a range of tools such as planning, organizing, and measuring.
- Understanding of strategy formulation and implementation, especially in the context of the Champlain LHIN
- Awareness of different leadership styles and approaches
- Ability to communicate and lead change
- Understanding of performance management and use of balanced scorecards
- A network of collaborative relationships across the Champlain LHIN
Who should attend
Candidates for this program are nominated by CEOs of healthcare organizations and hospitals in the Champlain LHIN.