Who should attend
This course is designed for IT professionals, mid and senior IT leadership, technical writers, project managers, product managers, Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders, military and law enforcement strategists, university research centers, consultants, and ScrumMasters.
About the course
The Product Owner in Scrum is responsible for having and communicating a clear product vision. The product owner is also responsible for transforming this vision into a prioritized list of product features and managing any product release schedule. This is not a one-time activity. The product owner continuously re-prioritizes and re-plans based on knowledge and feedback gained during the Sprint review and the ever changing larger business context. The Product Owner works closely with the Scrum development team so that every sprint there are “done” features that are technically ready to be deployed into production.
Given that a CSM is prerequisite, this course does not cover the Scrum Basics as required in a standard Product Owner course, but instead directly explores the skills related to the Product Owner’s responsibilities. Because the ScrumMaster coaches the Product Owner and the Team assists the Product Owner this course is useful for anyone involved in Scrum.
What You Will Learn
- Product owner's responsibilities
- Story writing, splitting, and mapping
- Planning and tracking
- The right product in the right order
How You Will Benefit
- Gain experiences writing product backlog items in story format
- Gain experience splitting stories
- Be able to develop a simple story map
- Understand the role of the Product Owner on a Scrum Team
- Be able to do release planning based on velocity and story points
- Be able to apply “Lean Startup” concepts to product development using Scrum
- Be able to prioritize and manage the product backlog
- Story Writing
- Story Splitting and Mapping
- Planning and Tracking
- Building the Right Product in the Right Order
Dr. Timothy Korson is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and Alliance coach. He has substantial experience working on a large variety of systems using modern agile techniques. This experience includes distributed, real time, embedded systems as well as business information systems. Dr. Korson’s cur...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.