Certified Professional Project Manager
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Opus College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Successful project managers constantly seek out the most effective project management tools, practices, and methods. Obtaining St. Thomas’ Certified Professional Project Manager (CPPM) designation will give you an edge over the competition. With hands-on experience in your toolkit, you’ll be able to immediately apply your newfound knowledge in your everyday activities.
The CPPM program gives you a solid foundation in the skills you’ll need to be a successful project manager:
- Developing strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence and lead project teams
- Applying a broad range of estimating tools and practices to successfully manage projects within scope from initiation to closure
- Enhancing your project management outcomes by effectively utilizing the top PMI global standards
Learn effective project management skills and principles
Project managers often struggle to align project deliverables with their organization’s strategic plan, vision and mission. The Certified Professional Project Manager (CPPM) program builds your leadership and decision-making skills while exploring the best practices and tools for effective project management.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Project initiation including clearly defining project outcomes, assessing project feasibility, identifying stakeholders, conducting a SWOT analysis and creating a project charter
- Project planning skills such as crafting a problem statement, risk management plan, CPM and PERT network diagrams, Gantt charts, and a budget
- Navigating the stages of team development, conflict resolution and group dynamics management
- Project control, closure, and finalization including how to conduct a successful project audit and the best ways to communicate the results throughout the organization
This certification program includes a group exam to demonstrate understanding and competency of the topics.
Who should attend
Anyone who currently manages projects, products, programs or processes will benefit from the project management skills covered in the CPPM program.
Participant titles/job functions may include, but are not limited to:
Quality improvement Specialist
Marketing Communications Specialist
Marketing Communications Managers
Anyone looking to change careers or enhance their existing skillset