Who should attend
The course is dedicated to business analysts, project managers and consultants specialised in trading and clearing systems. In addition, it is aimed at employees who manage trading systems, develop interfaces to trading systems or to the clearing house, or who conduct product and process tests.
Participants should have basic knowledge of trading of securities and derivatives. In case of no prior knowledge, we are happy to advise you about the courses provided by the Capital Markets Academy, which will prepare you in an optimal way.
About the course
For its 7 Market Technology® series, Deutsche Börse Group offers various interfaces – to the trading architectures T7® (cash and derivatives markets) and F7® (Eurex Repo® markets), as well as to the C7® clearing technology. Market participants and clearing members can choose the best-fitting interface to integrate trading functionalities as well as market and reference data in their internal IT architecture. To ensure smooth implementation, a comprehensive understanding of the different interfaces and processes is crucial – inhouse as well as for consultants and software developers – for the initial interfacing and migration during operation.
Objectives In this four-day course, participants can enhance their technological skills. The combination of business, process and IT aspects allows the participants to gather varied expertise. The respective knowledge is taught by experts from Deutsche Börse Group.
Overview of the process chain
- Trading – clearing – settlement
- Trading participants
- Clearing members
- Settlement institutions
Access to infrastructure
Technical trading and clearing infrastructure
- Technical and operational onboarding
- Overview of IT interfaces
- External services
Change processes: release and project introductions
- Inside-out: Deutsche Börse Group -> Client
- Outside-in: Client or regulator -> Deutsche Börse Group
T7® trading IT
- Reference Data Interface (RDI)
- Reference data files
Market data interfaces
- Un-netted broadcast: Enhanced Market Data Interface (EMDI)
- Netted broadcast: Market Data Interface (MDI)
- Order-by-order (un-netted): Enhanced Order Book Interface (EOBI)
- Extended Market Data Service (EMDS)
T7 GUI: overview of graphical user interfaces (GUIs)
- Trader GUI
- Admin GUI
- Clearer GUI
- Enhanced Transaction Interface (ETI)
- FIX gateway
- Access to a protected instance of the T7 architecture
F7® Eurex Repo IT
- Overview Eurex Repo F7 GUI
- Access to market and reference data as well as to trading functionalities with F7 API
- 7 Market Technology®
- Common Report Engine (CRE)
- Change dynamics in the trading system
- Consolidated Exchange Feed (CEF®)
- Market Data + Services
Clearing and risk IT
C7® clearing IT
- Communication via FIXML
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol: everybody likes “queues”
- Public vs private broadcasts?
- Live streams
- ACK and NACK
- Enhanced Risk Interface
Securities CCP of Eurex Clearing
- CCP GUI
- Member Settlement Instruction File (MSIF)
- Reports: securities clearing, repo and securities lending
- FpML vs FIXML
- Use of FpML
- Interest rate swaps: product definition
- Functions of EurexOTC Clear
- OTC interest rate swaps: clearing product offering and trade workflow
- FpML Margin Calculator
Upon successful completion of the exam, participants will receive a certificate from Deutsche Börse AG’s Capital Markets Academy. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions, to be answered on the computer. Participants have 1.5 hours to do the exam. Detailed information can be found in the examination regulations available below.
Ann-Kathrin Schleicher has been a trainer at the Capital Markets Academy for over 15 years and is a member of the Examination Commissions of Eurex Deutschland and Frankfurter Wertpapierbörse (FWB, the Frankfurt Stock Exchange). From 1990 to 1997, she was admitted as an exchange trader at FWB and ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.