Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP®) - Pension Part II
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
Expanding upon the fundamental knowledge gained in Part I, the Certificate in Employee Pensions - Part II addresses the elements of plan design, investments, improvement strategies and emerging issues so you can be fully equiped to make the necessary decisions for your plans.
The structure of the CAPPP® program is flexible. Part II of the Certificate in Employee Pensions can be taken prior to Part I to accommodate your schedule. To earn your certificate both Part I and Part II must be completed along with a take-home exam.
- Plan Design
- This session will review basic retirement plan components, features that are unique to public plans, the structure of alternative plan design, how the legislative landscape plays into the equation and adequacy funding and risks of retirement.
- Learn about asset allocation strategies and different asset classes, setting goals and objectives for developing an investment policy, selecting and monitoring investment performance and the components of an investment report.
- Business Improvement Strategies
- This session will address how to effectively use strategic planning to improve the most important aspects of your organization, how to integrate tools and tips to improve risk assessment effectiveness and how to strategically analyze, audit and continuously improve your operations.
- Emerging Issues
- This session will provide an overview of workforce attitudes and demographics, an explanation of tools for trustees and administrators and a review of emerging issues and hot topics.
Benefits of Attending
- A cost-effective way to get thorough, on-target information to assist you in policy-making decisions
- An examination of the role of trustees and their relationship to other public benefit plan functions
- Firsthand knowledge shared by leading consultants and practitioners in the public benefits field
- Valuable resource materials for future reference
- An educational benchmark of excellence for the public sector
Who should attend
- Public sector benefit plan trustees at all levels of experience
- Representatives of public funds of various types, sizes and geographical areas who wish a high-level overview
- Individuals who need a comprehensive understanding of public employee plan management at the policy-making level