Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP®) - Pension Part I
An essential program for new public sector trustees working with employee pensions, this program addresses the fundamental areas involved in managing employee pension plans. Sessions dissect the basics of what you need to know for your role and the distinguished faculty bring real-life scenarios and years of experience to enrich the content and your takeaways.
To earn your CAPPP® in Employee Pensions, Part I and Part II must be completed along with a take-home exam.
- This session will provide an overview of the governance of public pension and health plans including a broad-based orientation addressing issues, duties and responsibilities.
- Participate in an interactive environment with small-group discussions to gain a deeper knowledge of governance issues.
- Legal Environment
- An overview of the legal environment in which public plans operate, review fiduciary duties and the role of fiduciary decision making.
- Apply legal concepts to hypothosized situations and familarize policy makers with necessary components of advice.
- Legislative/Regulatory Developments
- Learn about the challenges and benefits of public sector plans, review the evolution of public pension regulation using common examples and learn about new federal laws that are impacting governmental plans.
- Actuarial Principles
- Review the characteristics of traditional group insurance, basic methods and assumptions, prefunding concepts, data analysis, and more.
Benefits of Attending
- A cost-effective way to get thorough, on-target information to assist you in policy-making decisions
- An examination of the role of trustees and their relationship to other public benefit plan functions
- Firsthand knowledge shared by leading consultants and practitioners working with public sector employee benefits
- Valuable resource materials for future reference
- An educational benchmark of excellence for the public sector
Who should attend
- Public sector benefit plan trustees at all levels of experience
- Representatives of public funds of various types, sizes and geographical areas who wish a high-level overview
- Individuals who need a comprehensive understanding of public employee plan management at the policy-making level