Who should attend
Professionals who need to acquire necessary knowledge and tools to lead their companies/business units in adopting new models and processes:
- Business unit and R&D managers;
- Entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs;
- Corporate venture programs managers.
About the course
The Innovation Manager Certificate is a professional program designed to provide participants with the competences required to manage an innovation project, team, or startup in an international enviroment, Developed around the concept of Open Innovation, it teaches how to carry out the key activities of an innovation manager. The program will enable you to acquire general knowledge and operational tools to:
- Understand emerging trends in international management of innovation and leverage the power of Open Innovation
- Make effective decisions regarding innovation strategy and their implementation
- Manage innovation at team, company and network levels
- Apply design thinking techniques and crowdsourcing to develop innovative products and services and to foster social and radical innovation
- Implement intrapreneurship best practices and corporate venture programs to transform ideas into new products, services and ventures
- Interactive pedagogy and a hands-on approach
- Lecturers from both academic and professional worlds
- High international exposure with MBA-level participants from around the world
- Field visits to leading companies and organizations to discover emerging technologies and best practices for innovation
- Training developed by a triple accredited business school, ranked Top 25 in Europe
- Delivered in Grenoble, a vibrant ecosystem built on the successful collaboration of cutting-edge research, innovative businesses and public institutions
Each intensive module is delivered on our Grenoble Campus over the course of five days. Participants earn 2 US / 4 ECTS credit hours.
Module 1: Design Thinking
This module covers the approaches used by designers to leverage external ideas and technology to foster innovation. It's designed for managers and entrepreneurs eager to learn creative methodologies for the identification and satisfaction of user needs. Participants will develop a specific mindset and acquire tools to work with creative people both internally and externally. They will gain confidence in their creativity and intuition. Finally, they will understand how to collect external inputs that are useful for a design-driven innovation portfolio.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the principles and tools of new product/service development
- Understand the role of design in competitiveness
- Master key steps in the design process
- Solve business issues by applying methods traditionally used by designers
- Apply a user empathy map in design research and development stages
- Use crowdsourcing to generate and validate ideas for new products and services
Module 2: Innovation
This module is devoted to the analysis of key issues regarding innovation in a globalized world. By understanding its impact on business strategy, managers will learn to exert their leadership and attain higher goals. The module will also address important concepts such as open and reverse innovation that can multiply the impact of innovation activities in a company. Inter-organizational networks and their governance systems will be introduced. The module will conclude with a session to explore implementation and execution strategies, offering practical insights on how to transform managers into innovation leaders.
- Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the relationship between innovation and strategy in an international environment
- Understand how open innovation fosters competitiveness and can boost a company’s global leadership
- Master key techniques to manage innovation and change within a company taking into account human, financial and technical factors
- Assess the potential of strategic alliances, manage collaboration between companies and participate in the development of business ecosystems
Module 3: Entrepreneurship
As part of the Open Innovation approach, managers have to embrace an entrepreneurial mindset to radically change how companies develop new business ideas. Old hierarchies are replaced by agile teams that create value through fast cycles and smart capabilities. The objective of this module is to learn how companies can leverage the talents of their employees by fostering an “intrapreneurial culture”, and implementing methodological and operational tools for corporate entrepreneurial strategies.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn and apply best practices in corporate venturing and company incubators
- Understand global trends in intrapreneurial paradigms
- Discover how funding external business can be a strategic source of innovation
- Inspire people with original ideas and engage them in the creation and development of innovative business models
- Apply a systemic approach and an entrepreneurial mindset to identify new managerial practices and design a company-wide intrapreneurship program.
The evaluations will assess the competences acquired by the participants on priority identification, application of relevant tools and methodologies, definition of strategies and action plans, management of innovation projects and programmes. Participants will be evaluated through:
- Individual and group presentations
- Case study analyses
- Pitching of entrepreneurial projects
- Rapid prototypes
- Business simulations
- Interaction with other participants
A combination of lectures, discussions, simulations, workshops, self-study and company visits to learn best practices and to be able to carry out a professional innovation project in an international environment.
The skills acquired during this certificate can help open the door to new responsibilities such as:
- R&D and Open Innovation manager
- Leader of corporate innovation and corporate venture programs
- Entrepreneur or general manager of businesses in traditional industries that need to innovate
- Design thinker for new, user-oriented products and services
- MBA student looking to acquire innovation competences in an international environment
- Admission & application
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.