About the course
Gain a Foundation in HR Principles and Practices with a Human Resources Certificate Online
Build your knowledge of business-employee relationships and organizational behavior by enrolling in the Human Resource Management Certificate online program at Southern New Hampshire University. If you're looking for an entry-level job in the human resource field or seeking to enhance your skills, the six-course human resources certificate will deliver the training you need.
Once you earn your human resources certificate online, you can parlay your coursework into one of two HR-focused business degrees - BS in Business Administration or BS in Business Studies, with concentrations in human resource management.
See Yourself Succeed in Human Resource Management
SNHU’s online HR certificate will provide you with the basic HR skills you need to succeed in an entry-level position. Your courses will cover topics such as leadership practices, group dynamics, effective management, employee-management relationships, and compensations and benefit strategies.
As a private, nonprofit university, SNHU has one mission – to help you see yourself succeed. The benefits of earning your human resources certificate online at SNHU include:
- Affordability. Take advantage of some of the most affordable tuition rates in the nation
- Convenience. Attend class when it’s convenient for you – online education means 24/7 access
- Efficiency and flexibility. Complete your certificate at your own pace, over six 8-week terms per year
- Expert instruction. Learn from instructors with relevant, real-world experience
- Networking. Tap into our nationwide network of alumni for internship and career opportunities
- Student support. Count on the ongoing support of dedicated academic and career advisors specialized in your area of study
By completing SNHU's human resources certificate online, you'll receive a solid foundation in HR principles, policies and practices to prepare you for entry-level human resource management positions in nearly every industry. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for human resources specialists will grow by 7% through 2026.*
The online HR certificate provides the foundation in human resource principles and practices demanded by employers. Classes are taught by instructors with professional credentials and experience in human resource management and organizational behavior.