Who should attend
This certificate benefits leaders and professionals with a minimum of five years’ business experience who have an understanding of business analysis or project fundamentals and seek to acquire the approaches, tools and techniques to successfully operate at a more senior, strategic level within their organization. Participants have included directors, managers, department heads and supervisors; internal and external management/business consultants; program and project managers; senior business analysts; IT, systems and networking professionals; HR specialists; audit and finance specialists; and senior account executives and client service specialists who work with client organizations using a consultative approach.
About the course
Come prepared with any challenges or questions of your own organizational projects – benefit from experience of instructors who are leaders in the field of strategic and directional planning, innovation, and managing change towards your current project.
You’ll acquire a comprehensive understanding of strategic enterprise analysis and consulting during this five-day certificate. This program covers 16 areas of focus, including business strategy, industry analysis, enterprise risk management, business models, portfolio management and innovation.
Learn approaches and techniques to identify strategic enterprise opportunities, effectively consult key stakeholders, apply innovation and build an evidence-based business rationale. Become proficient in packaging and presenting a compelling proposal for your enterprise solution to bring senior executives and stakeholders on board and move initiatives forward, and discover how to transform challenges and threats into positive returns.
What You Will Learn
- Use enterprise analysis techniques to identify profitable enterprise opportunities
- Package and present a compelling rationale for your enterprise solution
- Use consulting skills to get buy-in from executive leadership
- Build the alignment needed to move initiatives forward at the enterprise level
- Apply your consulting skills to financial, competitive and organizational goals
- Effectively apply key approaches and frameworks, such as business model analysis
- Select and prioritize initiatives and projects
- Learn approaches for stakeholder analysis and effective management of stakeholders across and beyond the organization
- Understand the role of change management in delivering the intended enterprise solutions and organizational benefits
- Leverage culture to propel strategic initiatives and enterprise solutions
- Acquire tools and techniques for ideation, innovation and solution generation
- Access lessons learned from the front line of successful enterprise initiatives
- Apply enterprise analysis, solution generation and consulting techniques to your own strategic challenges and organizational projects
Course content details
Strategic Enterprise Solutions
- Context for enterprise analysis (EA)
- Overview of enterprise consulting process and required skills
Strategy and Enterprise Analysis
- Key strategy frameworks
- Understanding the relationship between enterprise analysis and business strategy
Strategic Positioning and the Enterprise
- The holistic and long-term view
- Aligning the operating model in support of current or changed strategy
- Frameworks for strategic analysis such as Five Forces and Value Discipline
- Applying the frameworks to a case study and to learner business problems
Enterprise Consulting Approaches
- Effective consulting skills and approaches
- Bridging the client relationship, leveraging culture and facilitating change
- Diagnosing and clarifying the situation
- Managing and engaging stakeholders
Selling the Enterprise Solution
- Building the business case for a strategic enterprise solution
- Crafting the case for change to motivate stakeholders
Achieving Enterprise Value
- Enterprise business case tactics and tools
- Measuring success in enterprise initiatives
Conducting Gap Analysis
- Analyzing the gap between the current enterprise situation and the capabilities required for the desired future state
Enterprise Change Management
- Change management techniques useful for enterprise analysis
- The role of change management in supporting new initiatives and benefits realization
- Identifying, preparing for and managing resistance to change
Enterprise Risk Management
- Identifying, preparing for and managing risks for enterprise analysis projects
- Use of balanced scorecard to translate strategy into a tangible, measurable and well integrated set of projects and operations
- Understanding and comparing current business model of the organization
- Considering alternatives for future state
- Utilizing the framework to uncover strengths, weaknesses and possible solutions
Project Portfolio Management
- Managing a set of enterprise analysis projects in an overall project portfolio to generate maximum value
- Uncovering potential disruptions, trends and opportunities
- Developing an understanding and a toolkit to utilize innovation to better respond to enterprise problems or opportunities
- Generating solutions to address identified challenges
Special Program Feature
A team-based case study will be used throughout to facilitate and reinforce the application of the approaches, tools and techniques covered.
Biography Haig is founder, president and senior consultant at eFuel Partners Inc. He has more than 25 years of experience in the eLearning, eHealth, telecom and information technology fields. He has held leadership positions in corporate strategy, marketing, R&D, sales engineering, systems in...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.