Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Professionals seeking to develop and manage databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
About the course
For decades, SQL has been an essential language for many IT roles and the gold standard for working with relational databases. This three-course certificate program will focus primarily on Microsoft SQL Server, one of the most popular database development platforms. We’ll cover the fundamentals of database planning, design, deployment and management, and you’ll explore how to write advanced SQL queries for reporting and data mining.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Modeling, primary database objects, SQL syntax and relational data access
- How to create and implement advanced reporting solutions
- Scalar and table-valued functions, branching and conditional logic, data structures and transactions
- How to manage, monitor and program for a SQL Server Instance
- Advanced programming skills using Transact-SQL
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- You’ll build and deploy a database application using T-SQL.
Randal Root is a senior consultant specializing in .NET programming, SQL Server business intelligence solutions and technical education. Although he’s been teaching network and database administration since 1998, he primarily focuses on Windows, Web and database programming along with business in...
boB Taylor has been involved in software development since 1972 when he started programming FORTRAN 66 on Hollerith punch cards. During his 18-year tour of duty in the U.S. Marine Corps, he worked on a magnetic drum-based computer system. In 1993, Taylor started working with SQL Server 4.2.1, and...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.