Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This certificate series is designed for nursing home and long-term care administrators, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, and dietitians, physical therapists, facilities managers, hospitality professionals transitioning to a career in senior living, people interested in a career in senior living, and facilities developers and planners.
About the course
As the number of adults 65 and over continues to grow at a rapid pace; it is an exciting time for those interested in careers serving seniors.
How can you be sure you’re meeting the needs of seniors and providing a superior experience?
In this certificate program, you’ll explore best practices for service excellence at senior living facilities. Through examination of case studies and industry regulations, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the current senior living landscape. You'll have the opportunity to utilize the principles of environmental psychology to plan senior living facilities that support health and wellness through informed design. You’ll implement the PPO (product, people, and operational conditions) framework to assess the needs of an organization and apply industry trends to create food service operations that align with the needs of a senior living facility. Throughout the courses, you’ll explore how process thinking can improve your senior living facility by creating a process flow document and formalizing an action plan for decision-making. Finally, you will practice assessing the quality of a senior living organization, identifying areas for improvement through research and applying quality management approaches
The courses in this certificate will equip you to...
- Explore best practices for facilitating service excellence at senior living facilities
- Examine how to access and analyze design research to evaluate the world around you in order to create environments that support health and wellness in senior living facilities
- Explore strategies for aligning your senior living facility’s food service operations with your organization’s needs
- Examine how process thinking can improve your senior living facility
- Explore strategies for measuring and improving quality at your senior living facility
This certificate has 5 online courses requiring ~50 hours to complete.
Note: Several activities, including the course project, will require using Microsoft Excel.
- Design Considerations for Senior Facilities
- Dining Innovation in Senior Living
- Effective Process Management in Senior Living
- Quality and Process Improvement for Senior Living
- Senior Living Fundamentals
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.